SBA Business Loans guaranteed by the Veterans Administration

vet-biz-sbaBusiness Loans for Veterans

VA Business Programs for Veterans

by John P. Allen

updated 5/2007

The Department of Veterans Affairs has created the Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE), which is solely dedicated to assisting veterans in starting and building businesses. They call it VetBiz.

VetBiz is a Veteran Resource Information web site designed to assist veteran entrepreneurs who want to start and expand their businesses in the Federal and private marketplace. They provide up to the minute information from the Federal Government as it pertains to Service Disabled and Veteran Owned Small Businesses.

VetBiz provides the following services FREE to anyone who served in the active military, naval or air service, and who was discharged or released there from under conditions other than dishonorable:  Vendor Info, Program Assistance, Loans, Business Coaching

• Vendor Information Pages – a veteran business database that lists businesses that are 51% or more owned by veterans or service-connected disabled veterans. It is used to promote and market Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (VOSBs) and Service Disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVOSBs). This database is the number one source for Federal agencies looking for SDVOSB's to comply with Executive Order 13360 (97KB PDF) . The Vendor Information Pages (VIP) database averages over 4500 visits per month accounting for over 4100 vendor searches by Federal agencies, prime contractors and private citizens. This database is also the sole source for all inquiries for market research requested through The Center for Veterans Enterprise(CVE) and The US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
  • Assistance Program Pages – an electronic Clearinghouse that provides a wealth of resources for the veteran contemplating small business ownership and veteran small business owners considering expansion. This database of professional business development organizations provides assistance in startup, financing and procurement as well as other areas in your local community. The Assistance Program Pages (APP) is required by Public Law 106-50 to provide a one stop resource center for veterans interested in business ownership. This database is a valuable tool for all veterans searching for assistance in starting and expanding a small business.
  • Business Coaching, Networking and Outreach – In-house experts help veteran business owners with specific business questions, brainstorming and counseling. The CVE has one of the strongest outreach programs in support of VOSB's and SDVOSBs. We plan and participate in over 135 conferences yearly to bring awareness to the Federal and private market place as it relates to procurement opportunities for veteran-owned small businesses. Please call toll free at 866-584-2344 or email [email protected]
  • VetBiz maintains a web site that serves as the federal government portal for veteran-owned businesses known as VETBIZ.GOV hyperlink opens in a new browser window.

CVE may be contacted by:

Phone:
    Washington DC Metropolitan Area: (202) 303-3260
    Toll Free: (866) 584-2344

FAX (202) 254-0238
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    Web Site: http://www.vetbiz.gov hyperlink opens in a new browser window

Mailing Address:
    U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
    Center for Veterans Enterprise (00VE)
    810 Vermont Avenue, N. W.
    Washington, D.C. 20420

CVE's website provides many links to sites providing assistance to veterans entrepreneurs, such as the Small Business Administration's (SBA) Veteran's Business Development , Officers located in local SBA offices throughout the nation, and the National Association of State Directors of Veterans Affairs (NASDVA), for information on state assistance to veterans.

Veterans Benefits, Health Care, and Information Technology Act of 2006

Public Law 109-461, the Veterans Benefits, Health Care, and Information Technology Act of 2006, was signed into law by President Bush on December 22, 2006. This law provides VA with unique authority to conduct set-aside and sole source procurements with small businesses owned and operated by veterans. The agency has 180 days in which to publish implementing regulations. Download a draft Fact Sheet pertaining to P.L. 109-461.

Executive Order 13360, Contracting with Service-Disabled Veterans' Businesses

On October 20th, 2004, the President signed Executive Order 13360 calling for an increase federal contracting and subcontracting opportunites for service-disabled veteran businesses. On December 12th, 2004, the Executive Office of the President issued a memorandum to all Federal agencies on the implementation of the Executive Order. This memorandum provides guidance to assist agencies in preparing their strategies to implement the Order.

Among other things, the Order requires each agency to:

1. develop a strategy to significantly increase its contracting and subcontracting with small businesses owned and controlled by service-disabled veterans;
    2. designate a senior-level official to be responsible for developing and implementing the agency's strategy; and
    3. report its progress annually to the Small Business Administration (SBA).

Download VA's Implementation Strategy for E.O. 13360.

VA Homeless Grants

The Department of Veterans Affairs provides grants for homeless veterans. The Grant/Per Diem Program assists nonprofit and local/state government agencies in establishing housing or service centers for homeless veterans. Grants are awarded for the construction, acquisition, or renovation of facilities, and for the purchase of vans for the transportation of homeless veterans. Partial operating funds may be provided for programs through per diem payments. Visit the Grant and Per Diem web page hyperlink opens in a new browser window for details.

SBA Office of Veterans Affairs

The Mission of the Office of SBA Veterans Affairs Office is to foster entrepreneurship among eligible veterans, to promote the legitimate interest of veteran-owned small business concerns and to ensure that those concerns receive fair consideration in purchases made by the Federal government. Visit the Office of Veterans Business Development hyperlink opens in a new browser window web page for details.

SBA Veterans Business Development Officers

Listing of Small Business Administration (SBA) Veterans Business Development Officers at District Offices. Visit the Veterans Affairs Offices by State Listing. For more info, go to: http://www.sba.gov/VETS/

Please visit their  "News and Information Page" for current releases.

Posted by on December 16, 2005, With Reads Filed under Veterans. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

87 Responses to "SBA Business Loans guaranteed by the Veterans Administration"

1. Powell Garcia  August 4, 2016 at 10:33 am

Welcome To Dr. Powell Garcia Loan Service…
      Are you a business man or woman? Are you in any financial mess or do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need a loan to start a nice Small Scale and medium business? Do you have a low credit score and you are finding it hard to obtain capital loan from local banks and other financial institutes? Our loans are well insured for maximum security is our priority, Our leading goal is to help you get the services you deserve.

Our loans Are well insured for maximum security is our priority, Our leading goal is to help you get the service you deserve, Our program is the quickest way to get what you need in a snap. Reduce your payments to ease the strain on your monthly expenses. Gain flexibility with which you can use for any purpose – from vacations, to education, to unique purchases

We offer a wide range of financial services which includes: Business Planning, Commercial and Development Finance, Properties and Mortgages, Debt Consolidation Loans, Business Loans, Private loans,car loans, hotel loans, student loans, personal loans Home Refinancing Loans with low interest rate @2% per annul for individuals, companies and corporate bodies. Get the best for your family and own your dream home as well with our General Loan scheme.

Interested applicants should Contact us via email: ([email protected])

2. Phil Howardson  August 2, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Hello Sir/Madam

I am Phil Howardson and i am a loan lender who give out loans at a low interest rate of 3%, i give out life time loans, business loan, personal loan, debt consolidation loan, company loan and so on.

Apply from us now and get your loan because our services are the best.

Lastly, i want you to know that we don’t scam applicants because we are very legit in this business and i also promise to keep my promises regarding the loan transfer. Contact us now through our email [email protected]

I await your application

Phil Howardson

3. Dr Linda  August 2, 2016 at 2:34 am

LOAN TESTIMONY OF HOW I GOT LOAN FROM A LEGITIMATE MONEY LENDER
      Hello Everyone, My names are Mrs Marticia Simons, i am from the United States of America, currently living in Oklahoma.i went in search for a loan on the internet , and the Lord lead me to a genuine loan lender, A Company of Fidelity Loan FInance.fidelityloanfinancial(AT)gmail(DOT)com, whom i contacted and requested for a loan amount of $45,000.00 dollars to establish a new business, and to my surprise i got my desired loan within 2 days(48 hours). While searching for a company to get a loan from, i read various testimonies of how people where scammed of their money,and i was scared.I am happy i came in contact with FIDELITY LOAN FINANCE.so i humbly advice you in search of a genuine loan lender to quickly contact FIDELITY LOAN FINANCE via email:fidelityloanfinancial(AT)gmail(DOT)com and you will be as happy as i am.may the good lord bless them and reward them effortlessly for what they have done in my life. Indeed they are the best loan lenders.

4. Pelle Khan  January 1, 2016 at 2:51 am

Hello everyone

I am Mr. Khan, a well know good investor, i will grant you all kinds of loans you need because our services are reliable.

I give out loans at 3% interest rate and from a duration of 6 months to 25 years.

My work is trusted and guarantee, reliable and quick, fast and understanding. So i urge you now to apply because application is open to those above 18+.

Contact us through our email today at [email protected]
      I await your swift application so that we can help you out with what you want.

Pelle Khan

5. Julio Chacon-Gonzalez  June 16, 2010 at 12:19 pm

I’am considering starting a (Custom) furniture bussiness, Antique reproductions and custom orders. Can you give me some input as to obtaining financing. (V.A. Loan)

6. john may  June 10, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Mrs Jessica i am interested in talking to cluadia so can i get a number to call her at

7. YOUR NIGHTMARE  May 28, 2010 at 8:32 am

YOU SOOOO NEED A LIFE! you are nothing but a low life loser. you have been wanting to start your own business for many, many years now! you cant get a loan when you have 2 bankruptcies on your credit. you cant get a job because you keep getting arrested for domestic violences, assaults and driving without license!!!! living at daddy’s house with no job and no car is going to get you NO WHERE!!!! three ex-wives, two children whom you lost custody of and disown you…wow….you are a “hero” aren’t you! you keep living in your lies and “dreams” but its getting you absolutely no where!!!!

8. todd  April 8, 2010 at 6:30 pm

I’M looking for financing about 750,000.00 for a ski area anyone know where to look for loans?

9. Jack Hadddad  January 4, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Hello everyone,

I’m responding to all posts written on this forum thus far; While I appreciate your firstrations and negativity in regards to obtaining an SBA loan, I assure that they are real and withing reach.

Those who were refused did not have a good business plan to support the idea of their business. In other words, when you are submitting your application, you need to accompany the initial application with a business plan that details revenue and earning projections, as well as a successful model of future growth. Most vets who apply overlook the significance of a solid business plan.

If the banking committee is not convinced that your business is going to make money, why should they give you a loan?

I have assisted my friend Tim Haley in getting an SBA loan to start a publishing company; he is a retired professor and loves to write. He has already published 2 novels. I wrote his business plan and prepped him for the panel interview. I can help you as much as my time would allow. I love to help vets; it’s a humanitarian service that I do, 4 to 7 hours per week.

If anyone is interested, let me know. However, please have a reasonable business idea coupled with passion in pursuing the endeavor. I could be reached at 916-729-1009.

Regards,

10. mcarthur thomas  January 3, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Iwant to start a bakery/coffee shop

11. mcarthur thomas  January 3, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Iwant to start a bakery/coffee shop

12. Curtis Morris  January 1, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Hello,

Yes I am starting an internet company on personal growth(life coach) that will help millions of people jump start their day will something positive. And I am looking for start up money ($10,000-$15,000) to get it going. I have all the contact for the website and search engines, and the company information and can fax it on request. I also have a business plan written out on the profits and how fast I can pay the money back with interest. I can give you whatever you need on the type of company it will be. I am looking to get this done as soon as possible, because we are in a new year and I want to touch as many people as possible with these inspirational quotes.

You can reach me at 919-357-8214 anytime after 9pm Mon-fri and all day Sat-Sun. or my email address at [email protected]
      I am a Marine Vet who has served my country and now I’m looking to help others out there that need it.

I look forward to hearing from someone who share my vision on helping people in this country in a positive way start their day off good.

Have a very positive, and powerful day,

Curtis Morris
      USMC/Retired

13. Mr.Mohammed Ali  December 24, 2009 at 2:41 am

Attention Pls, Work in Canada

We are SKY RECRUITMENT/VISA CONSULTANT AGENCY LIMITED Accra-Ghana with Employment licence No:GOEA-139-LB-071900 ,we recruit workers to work in CANADA, SPAIN AND USA.

If you are interested to work in CANADA, SPAIN and USA, kindly contact us urgently for your Application form to join the company. The company is currently applying workers in the following areas: Computer Analyst,Fish parking,branding,Cook,Drivers,Administrative post,Construction workers,Labourers,Lobsters and health related.

If you are willing and ready to travel abroad, do Contact us with your Resume/CV and after my review an application form will be sent to you to apply directly to the company in Canada for your employment contract letter and paper works to get your two years working permit visa to Canada.

We will help you apply for the company and also help you in getting Canada Two years working permit visa as well as Madrid Spain and Alaska,USA. Contact us with our office E-mail:[email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from your response as we are here to serving you better.

Regards
      Mr.Mohammed Ali Fails
      Email:[email protected]

14. william veteto  December 10, 2009 at 4:38 pm

need working capital for my already est. bussiness

15. Les Brown  November 28, 2009 at 8:14 pm

Hello Bobby, I am a navy veteran and I’m trying to start up a dump truck business here in Louisiana. I noticed you posted this reply back in feb of 09. Have you had any luck in obtaining a small business loan? I just started inquiring about it and if I hear of anything that would benefit you and others I’ll be happy to share the info! Us vets have to stick together!!

16. Paul Marble  November 15, 2009 at 2:52 pm

I am a ten point vet that is looking for investors/partners to get patent and production on one possibly two ideas for the right individual. I have recently gotten my daughter through college graduation and it is now time to get out and make some things happen.

17. Greg  November 9, 2009 at 5:41 pm

I’m a 46 yaer old vet wanting to start my own business. If anyone has any legit info on a small business loan for a vet with less than perfect credit please let me know! Thank you!

18. Bill Wilson  November 2, 2009 at 6:38 pm

I own a construction company that has been in business for 16 years. At the moment, we are having some cash flow problems and would to borrow $50,000 to $65,000 to fund our operation for the next 3 months.

19. JUSTICE  November 1, 2009 at 3:33 pm

How in the —- do these people get on what I thought was a prestigous site. This is suppose to be the VA. If you call just about 90% of Phonebook listings,you get nothing but B——-. So you go to the computer,and spend 3 hours trying to get through,and then you get to the end and find out that none of it is legetimate,and some a—— is trying to steal from you. This S— should not be allowed on a VA site.Proud Veteran.

20. Jean  October 4, 2009 at 11:27 am

Your town should consist of an non-profit organization called, “SCORE”. At no cost, they’ll assist you in all matters of setting up a business and have leads for contacts in other arenas where you may need assistance.
      Hope this is helpful.

21. julie  October 1, 2009 at 3:55 pm

oh wow! total scammers. these people must think were really stupid, sending money to an individual at a hotel. thanks for the scammer info 🙂

22. ED  October 1, 2009 at 1:38 pm

CHECKED OUT THE MRS JANE SMITH LENDING FIRM. THEY WANT YOU TO SEND MONEY TO AND INDIVIDUAL THROUGH WESTERN UNION, WHEN I ASKED FOR AN ADDRESS, THEY SENT ME 2. THEY BOTH CHECKED OUT AS HOTELS. SCAMMMERS!! STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!

23. joe  September 30, 2009 at 8:42 am

all of these so called lenders want you to send money to an individual through western union. DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!! the federal trade commission even warns against doing this. they are all scammers!!!!

24. lee  September 28, 2009 at 2:40 pm

contacted the so called “mrs jane smith” scammer!! it ticks me off to see these people at all, but on a vet site? i’m a gulf war vet and have found out that “NO ONE” will help you, i even contacted the white house and got nothing!! it’s like hey thanks for getting shot at and shot, sorry there is nothing we can do for you. but on the other hand it’s hello, your from india? how many gas stations do you want tax free!!!!!!!

25. david smith  September 22, 2009 at 3:21 pm

i would like to get a loan to startmy own cleaning and light maint. co.i have over 20 yrs in theses fields, but always working for someone else.

26. MR MOORE ALBERT  September 15, 2009 at 8:46 pm

Hello,

Have you ever searched for fund, loans, financial assistant,Jobs and need a loan to help you meet with your needs, or needs an accredited lender to help you meet with your needs and demands,you being in financial situations? then you have no alternative than to get an instant and reliable service from our loaning Agency.Personnel loans, loan to pay off debt, to establish your firm or company, car loan, for consolidation and to settle bills, you don’t need to search any more, we are here to help and assist you in all area of loan syndication. We offer loans ranging from 1000-1000000usd to interested applicants within a maximum of 48hrs.Apply and get your funds within 48hrs.We are registered under the ITALIAN and UK HIGH COMMISSION with license number BX 1076 H.Apply and get it within 48hrs.Our Contact is [email protected]. We offer loans at 3% interest per annum as our loans ranges from 1000-1000000usd which is transfered to all genuinely interested applicants account upon good profile verification and ability to meet with the company’s requirement. You are advice to completely fill the loan application form and submit immediately for further action.

CUSTOMERS PROFILE

Name………………

Age……………….

Sex……………….

Amount needed………

Purpose for Loan……

City/State………….

Location/Country……

Mailing Address……..

Postal Address………

Phone number………

Occupation…………

How soon is the Loan needed….

Convicted Before(Yes/No)……

If yes, give brief reason

We ensure you send us this information to us for the immediate transfer of loans to you.

Thanks for your understanding and we congratulate you for taking the right step on our genuine and swift offer.

We shall send you our account details for the the repayment of our loans by the end of the year.

27. MR MOORE ALBERT  September 15, 2009 at 8:38 pm

Hello,

CUSTOMERS PROFILE

Name………………

Age……………….

Sex……………….

Amount needed………

Purpose for Loan……

City/State………….

Location/Country……

Mailing Address……..

Postal Address………

Phone number………

Occupation…………

How soon is the Loan needed….

Convicted Before(Yes/No)……

If yes, give brief reason

28. Jim Hernandez  August 21, 2009 at 2:57 pm

I am a retire navy veteran seeking to start up a small business, however, in todays economy it is a challenge and difficult without the funds needed. I reside in Southern California and would like to build up my retirement portfolio.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated, I can be reached at [email protected]

29. Paul B DaForno  August 21, 2009 at 10:16 am

As I have researched getting a SBA loan I noticed a lot of e-mails popping up stating they will guarentee funding. First of all most legit lending companies will have web sites and addresses posted in most search engines. secondly be very careful when the e-mail address for a lending company has to use yahoo.com as there e-mail address. There are a lot of yahoo.com, gmail.com, address from so called lending companies, if you need to ask for a physical address and phone numbers, and contact the local BBB to see if the business is legit and if any complaints have been lodged against the company in question. And always remember it seem to easy or to good to be true then chances are it isn’t. My e-mail address is [email protected] P.S. the comment above this one from mr moore albert is just the type of site I’m warning you about.

30. paul b daforno  August 21, 2009 at 10:13 am

As I have researched getting a SBA loan I noticed a lot of e-mails popping up stating they will guarentee funding. First of all most legit lending companies will have web sites and addresses posted in most search engines. secondly be very careful when the e-mail address for a lending company has to use yahoo.com as there e-mail address. There are a lot of yahoo.com, gmail.com, address from so called lending companies, if you need to ask for a physical address and phone numbers, and contact the local BBB to see if the business is legit and if any complaints have been lodged against the company in question. And always remember it seem to easy or to good to be true then chances are it isn’t. My e-mail address is [email protected].

31. Paul B DaForno  August 21, 2009 at 10:09 am

AMOUNT NEEDED TO LOAN:.
      PURPOSE OF LOAN:.
      DURATION OF LOAN:.
      TELEPHONE NUMBER:.
      Contact Email. [email protected]

33. Eddie Renojo  July 28, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Mr. Johnson, I have a personal loan from Citi Financial in Corpus Christi, Tx. I have paid on time and have not had any late payments.
      My loan is at 27%. I have tried to get it down, but the manager keeps saying upper management will not do it. I have called many a times to have this done to no avail, yet they were happy to renew my loan.

I’m going to try to get a bigger loan to get rid of Citi Financial. It seems they’re ready to help providing that you get it a their high interest rate.

That’s sad.

34. Deborah B.  July 20, 2009 at 11:49 am

I am leary of loan sharks out there, but, as U.S. Veteran, I would like to find a way to get a business loan. Who and how? Please let me know!

35. MR JAMES  July 20, 2009 at 1:17 am

Mr JAMES GORGEL on 2009-07-20
      TNT LOAN FIRM PLC,is a loan company that can offer you a loan at this extinct that you need.we have branches in 16 countries.Nigeria,Indian,russia,honkong,tokyo,spain,france,italy,germany,beijing,norway,u.s.a,mexico e.t.c. so apply today for a mortgage and personal loan and get it fast and proceed further and contact us online. via Manager Email:[email protected] And you will receive a mail within 24-48 hours. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONS Your names:_______________ Your Sex:________________ Your country:_______________ Your address:_________________ Your occupation:_________________ Your marital status:_________________ Current Status at place of work:____________ Phone number:________________ Monthly Income:______________ Loan Amount Needed:______________ Loan Duration:_____________________ Zip/Postal Code:____________________ Purpose of Loan:____________________ E-mail Address:_____________________ Mr Zibs Palinton (CEO)

36. Joseph Dorman  July 19, 2009 at 1:44 pm

I am looking into trying to start a small business with a VA small business loan. I retired after 20 years of service with the Army and now I am looking to make some money to help me really retire.

If anyone has any information on the best way to go about this and possibly a good business to start with I would greatly appreciate it.

I live in a pretty rural part of north central Florida and we have a desperate need for many businesses. I just want to be successful so I need to be smart in the desicions.

I can be reached at [email protected] for those with genuine information.

v/r
      Joseph Dorman
      SFC, USA
      RET

37. SSG Vaughn  July 14, 2009 at 12:51 pm

This is obviously a SCAM! Open your eyes people and do not give your information to these scumbags!

38. Gary Fowler  July 11, 2009 at 9:22 am

I am wanting to start my own business using my VA loan. And even though we are trying to clean up our credit its far from perfect. We need 200,000. Can you tell me more about what I need to do. oR IF i even qualify since I was in during peace time.

39. ANN PEINE  June 20, 2009 at 4:46 pm

My husband John served in Korea during the war there he needs to find out if he can get a loan to buy a mobile home He had good credit for 36 years and we sold our home in SWan Dimas to go and help our daughter and her children but in doing so we invested in a motor home and lost our savings annd the motor home and now we have bad crerdit and cant getr a loan for a mobile home can the veterans ass help us. We are both in our sevents thankyou mrs John Peine e_mail [email protected]

40. Dean  June 18, 2009 at 2:42 pm

THIS IS A SCAM!

41. Dean  June 18, 2009 at 2:38 pm

It is sad Milton. This may be a good place to start talking about this issue.

Politicians have only one issue: Staying in office/power.

If that means creating phantom programs that no veteran can possibly take advantage of, then that’s just what they are looking for. We don’t really expect that they would take this bailout money, or any other part of the budget, and hand it out to the people at the bottom of the food chain do we? Most of the entire bailout went into investors pockets, protecting the rich from a loss in capital, while 85% of Americans are told “it’s too complex for you to understand.” This goes right along with our defunct education system.

Guess why they spend over 50% of the federal budget on “defense” and less than 3% on educatioin (K-college)? It is because the rich rely on an uneducated population to keep this system in place. This system is built on a few people having a majority of the wealth. Just google “United States wealth distribution”

They have no intention of helping veterans out. The uneducated public raises its voice to support veterans and this is the end-product: a host of symbolic programs that aren’t accessible. This country is starting to rot.

Reach me at: [email protected]

42. Bernie Bosley  June 16, 2009 at 10:46 am

Mr Johnson. Hello Sir. My name is Bernard Bosley. I am a 58 yr old hearing disabled Vietnam Veteran. I own/operate a small cargo van expediting business. I receive $243 per month from the VA for my disability compensation. I need $9500 for my business and would repay the loan with the $243 per month via direct debit over 60 months. I am willing to pay 18% interest. My credit is challenged due to multiple surgeries/hospitalizations back in 2005. Can you help? I can be reached by cell phone @317-696-3536 or my email: [email protected] Thanks for your time
      Bernie Bosley

43. J L Franey  June 8, 2009 at 9:39 am

I could not agree with AC AF1 more. Many of the loan companies listed here are phishing scams. I am suprised to see how many people have replied with all of there information right into this forum! Come on people!!! Think about what you are doing! Research these companies before giving them any information!

44. Chris  May 26, 2009 at 3:59 pm

Hello everyone. I am a former Marine who got out in 1998 with an Honorable discharge. Since then I’ve gotten my bachelor’s degree and have a very good job; however, a job is not what I want. I am a leader minded person who is not happy working for other people and helping them get richer while I make peanuts(compared to them).

I am interested in learning how to get a loan for a business. I have very good credit. I am interested in buying into a gym franchise, as I am a bodybuilder as well.

Any tips would be welcomed! Please email me if you can point me in the right direction! [email protected]

45. Franklin M. Smith  May 21, 2009 at 12:12 am

My wife and me are considering purchasing a Tanning Salon in Jacksonville, Fl –

We feel this would be very challenging but profitable as the market seeks no prisoners wanting their tans here in Flordia especailly during the winter months.

I beleive I qualify for an SBL through the government based on my honorable discharge with the US Army back in 1983.

Please advise on what avenues I can pursue in search of my well deserved entrepernuial endeveors with an SBL.

I am inquiring information on VA business loan and how to get the application sent over to my email address: [email protected]

I can also be reached at (904) 302-2524 or (904) 338-5992.

Thanks so much for your time and consideration.

Franklin M. Smith
      898 Pinemeadow Cove
      Jacksonville, Fl 32221

46. Shawn Chidester  May 19, 2009 at 1:59 pm

need money to start my bussiness my phone number is 740-617-7694

47. NCO  May 15, 2009 at 12:15 am

Yeah, and I have beach front property in Nevada you can buy. All you look at these posts and offers on this site should be careful when sending information to someone you don’t know. Key things to look for: Does the company operate overseas? Do they have a business email address, or are they using a free service like Yahoo Mail. Just looking out for my own. Good luck in all your endeavors.

48. AC AF1  May 14, 2009 at 1:03 am

if you read some of these replies closely, like this one, its not hard to see that they are phishing scams… no one will just flat out give you a loan, unless there not real… any bank or financial inst. will require alot of info, ie business profile/portfolio ect, for a loan… please dont fall for this and give these people your info.. i dont want my fellow veterans dealing w this sh*t… and i speak from experience! i fell for it once and have been kicking myself since.. especially when credit cards began opening in my name that i never seen before! watch out people, and best of luck in your future business goals!!!

49. Orlando King  May 7, 2009 at 5:51 pm

Mr. Richy, I am interested in a statup loan to take over a foodservice vendor contract for carnivals and special events. I have 15 years in the restaurant business and I am currently an Area Director with IHOP. My credit is challenged due to back taxes and i am not eligible for a SBA loan. I have a real oppurtunity to produce a decent living working for myself, this is a goal that is within my grasp. The capital needed is for appliction fees, product supply, transportation, and equipment. I am confident that this is a solid endeavor for the next twenty years of my life. Please consider contacting me for my business plan. Thanks for the opppurtunity you are offering veterans.

Orlando King 682-551-8835

50. Mrs. Jessica  May 5, 2009 at 9:11 am

Hi every body, if you are looking for a lending company to get a loan from, i will advise you to contact Cluadia Easy Loan Company. I am reffering you to this company because that was were i got my loan worth over $160,000 USD. Stop wasting your precious time searching for a genuine lending company and contact this company with the contact email: [email protected] you are %100 percent gaurantee of getting your loan from this company.

For any question, you can contact me through this email: [email protected].

Thanks, Jessica.

51. John Wilson  April 25, 2009 at 2:51 pm

The Chief Auditor/Information manager,
      In-Charge of Foreign Unit
      CITIBANK INTERNATIONAL PLC ,
      Lagos Branch Nigeria.
      PHONE NUMBER +234 70 33 811 361

Dear Good Friend,

I am Mr.John Wilson, The Chief Auditor/Information Manager, In-Charge
      of Foreign Unit of our bank and i have had the intent to contact you
      over this financial transaction/transfer worth the sum of( SEVENTEEN
      MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS ONLY) (US$17.5M)for our
      progress and richness.This is an abandoned sum that belongs to our
      late foreign customer (an International Billionaire French Businessman)
      who died in plane crash disaster since three years ago along with his
      wife.

I was opportune to see the deceased deposit file bearing this huge
      amount of money when i was inspecting the dated and current customers files
      in other to sign and submit to the entire bank management for an
      official validation / re-documentation against the statement approval to the
      account holders for the year. In a swift investigation carried out by
      me, i found out that non of the deceased relative is aware of the
      abandoned fund except his late wife. As a result of that, it is an
      extremely confidential matter between me and you.
      Hence you are a foreigner to our country, you are authorized by our
      Banking law to apply and claim the fund into your account as the
      NEXT-OF-KIN to the deceased. For assisting me to get the fund transferred into
      your bank account, the ratio of 40% of the total sum is for your share
      whereas 60% is for me as business pioneer.

Please i need your urgent response on assurance of trust that you will
      not deny my right of the share once the fund gets into your account
      because i am a poor civil servant who depend on little monthly salary.
      That you are the one who will help me to get visa to your country
      immediately i resign from my work on the instant of the transfer into
      your account.

If you are really sure of your integrity, trustworthy, and
      confidentiality, reply urgently and to prove that, include your particulars as
      follows to my Email:[email protected]

Your Full Names……………….
      Occupation………………………
      Age ……………………………….
      Marital Status…………………..
      Personal Phone No……………
      Country………………..

Yours sincerity,
      Mr.John Wilson

52. TIM SANDERS  April 21, 2009 at 11:06 pm

i spent 1/2 hour writting an article and then had it rejected saying i entered the wrong code, bs i double checked the code before submitting it! bull ship! you got it right!

53. Janet Hannah  April 17, 2009 at 4:56 pm

Looking for a loan in the amount of 5,000 dollars I have a small bussiness but would like to stock up on materials.

54. Johan  April 10, 2009 at 8:36 am

Dear Investor
      I own a Property Franchise in South Africa and have access to Properties for Sale, Distressed, Bank Repo’s and Auction (Commercial, Blocks of flats, Hotels, Mini Factories, Warehousing, Land to build Shopping centers in the fast growing Gauteng area
      High interest rates in SA puts strain on property owners, which makes this is a good time for Property and Development investment

Investment opportunities offered are:
      (1) Joint venture – Investor to finance the project at zero interest (admin fees excl)

(2) Profit Sharing – Investor to finance the project at zero interest, profits are shared 50/50 (admin fees excl)

(3) Property investment Management – Investor purchase the property and I manage the project (collecting rent, security and maintenance management)

(4) Straight Loan – Cash loan to purchase properties at 4% p.a. interest rate over 10 years. The property will serve as security

Amounts to invest from USD$ 500,000 to USD$ 400 million

Looking forward to a mutually beneficial financial relation.
      My Email is [email protected]

Kind Regards
      Johan
      +27 73 9077266

55. Darrol  March 28, 2009 at 7:05 pm

We are looking for investment for our movie production company. We started working on a comedy project to present to showtime, place in theatres and put into DVD rental locations. Our cast of local actors did a great job and now because of all the great attention we are looking for more money to bring a few known actors to generate millions at the box office. We used our own income and now we would like to us a professional movie productionn company to give us the best picture. The movie industry is very strong at this point and movies are making mega millions just off of a million or hundreds of thousand dollars. We are asking for help in achieving our dreams, an investment of 75,000 would help our movie come to life. The return to the investor will be 10 percent of the movie profits for the life of the movie, from box office tickets, dvd rentals, network sales, and other areas. This may seem like a lot to offer for a small investment, but honestly we are so ready to start making movies.

You can visit our site at newlifepictures.net, or contact me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Darrol D. Thomas
      New Life Pictures

56. Norman E. Broyer  March 23, 2009 at 11:19 am

Dear Mr. Richey,

I am currently looking into starting a business making aluminum motorcycle, boat and light utility trailers on the east coast of central Florida about 100 miles south of Daytona. I have experience as a welder and did work for a company that built motorcycle trailers. I would be using my own designs for the trailers plus I would also provide welding services. The problem I have is that I do not have startup capital of my own, I would bring all the hand tools and knowledge but I do not have the building or machinery that I would need or capital to buy materials. Any input on what I should do would be helpful.

Norman E. Broyer

57. sabinus  March 17, 2009 at 3:47 pm

Hi, Folks!

I am a veteran of U.S. Army currently residing in Osceola, Iowa. The thing I’ve noticed about VA loans or just about anything administered by the VA is that they take time and require a lot of patience from your part.. You have to be very patient to get things done or else you’d end up frustrated and let frustration get in the way of what you are trying to accomplish. VA business loans are out there, yes.

But for entrepreneur minded veterans who lack the capital, credit worthiness, or collateral for a start-up, these loan initiatives offered by the Veteran Administrations and SBA seem but unreachable for the common veteran like who lacks the criterion mentioned above. I do not have a pie-in-the-sky type offer intriguing enough to convince some one, but I do have the old NCO attitude of, taking care of my soldiers and looking out for my fellow NCOs and Officers.

To be honest, it was a jungle out here in the civilian world for me. I couldn’t just pick-up the phone and call my Platoon Leader from the bank to vouch for me or have Top and the C.O. come down to the car dealership to review my car loan before I get scammed into purchasing a lemon. These services are offered to the veterans they are just not readily available like First Seargant or the CO.

I’ve research different options of Start-up financing and found that Peer 2 Peer lending can be an option for Star-tups who lack the criteria most traditional banks look in order to make a decision to offer you a loan or not. Get together with a niche group in your community to brain storm this idea. The concept was made light to main stream when Muhammed Yunus, founder of Grameen Bank, won the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize. The idea is being chmapioned by Virgin Records founder, Sir Richard Branson.
      Read more about it at http://www.filife.com/stories/virgin-moneys-student-loan-alternative

I have a BETA website site using the free NING social networking platform to collaborate with like-minded individuals where we share business ideas or just simply testing and critiquing our business ideas and web 2.0 type business tools. Join us.

Thanks,

Sabinus

58. Milton  March 10, 2009 at 8:54 am

You know it’s sad that these VA programs are nothing more than make believe. The Government and politicians want the public to think there are legit programs available to veterans so the public will think the veterans are supported and taken care of. Nobody seems to have any answers, no one will call you back. You are given a link to a website which attempts to explain, but only confuses… Then there is the red tape, paper work and DOWN PAYMENT, that no one seems to be able to afford. It’s really sad.
      13 years, 5 yrs in combat zones, 3 surgeries and all I get are these phantom programs. I’m sorry for venting. If you want to discuss it more and the issues I’ve run across, please email me [email protected]

59. peter t.  March 5, 2009 at 8:35 am

Do the vetsbiz have a section that covers starting small business in ca? Ca is on the forefront of making everything more difficult and expensive than the rest of the country. A Ca. specialist would be great!!

60. Joel ray  February 5, 2009 at 10:23 am

I would like to buy in on my present company and was instered in finding out about a small bussiness loan and who I should contact ?? I live in Fayetteville Akansas

61. David V. Hadaway  January 28, 2009 at 11:12 pm

I seperated from the U.S.A.F on Feb 1991. I have had many life experiences since leaving the military, I now see that 20 years would not have been that long as it had seemed at the time. I have management skills from working with established companies (assistant and store manager). I started a small business in Hawaii, which was a t-shirt graphic design company. I have also been in the entertainment industry and once secured a $750,000 recording deal with a major and indie label. Having done all these things I now want to take all these life experiences and buy into a franchise that is part of an industry that is up 57% since March and is currently a $1.7 Billion industry. My credit is definitely a challenge. I am looking to secure a business loan of $400,000. Any advice will be helpful my email is [email protected]. Thank you and good luck to all in your endeavors!

62. Roman Cansino  January 28, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Hello;
      I am having the same problemo. The only way to acquire an SBA Business loan is to have an SBA required 25% to 30% down payment in cash or assets of whatever larger amount you want to borrow for a “Patriot Express” 7(a) Guaranteed low interest SBA Bank participant Loan. To quote va.gov/vetbiz/finance/fnhm.htm#grants
      “Contrary to popular belief, there are no Federal Grants made specifically for the purpose of starting a business.”
      Skeptical? You might try calling your friendly neighborhood SBA Office and ask to speak to a S.C.O.R.E. representative. Look at my comment to Mark Hassinger. Your question will be answered. This needs to be addressed to the State Governor or State Representative. Vets need a break with a grant for the SBA down payment that can be so significant. You know, this might even be a good suggestion to help out the economy. If enough of us Vets write our official reps. we just might get this done. Am I starting something here? Cool.

63. Roman Cansino  January 28, 2009 at 12:16 pm

To Mark Hassinger;
      You might try calling your friendly neighborhood SBA Office and ask to speak to a S.C.O.R.E. representative. The Service Corp Of Retired Executives are a fine bunch of voluntary retired business people. They are ex-professionals as well as trained counselors with many resources and training materials at their reach. They are straight shooters and very humble. I have spoken to a few of them at different times. Speaking to them should be your first step (as a suggestion).
      Your second step (also a suggestion) might be to call your State “Small Business Development Center.” In San Antonio, TX they are located next to UTSA downtown. Their name says it all.
      Good luck in your endeavor. I’m thinking of a name for your business. How about “Math Sense.”

64. Corey Cox  January 27, 2009 at 10:02 pm

I’m a U.S. Army veteran and have been out for about 4 years after serving 10. I have been in the repossession industry since leaving the military. It’s been a family affair of sorts. I recently moved to Houston, Texas and I have a great opportunity to open a company down here with numerous clients. I’m lacking the startup needed to do so. My credit is shaky. What is it that I have to do to find a small business loan? I can be reached at [email protected]. Thanks!

65. John P. Allen, General Manager of VeteransToday.com  January 27, 2009 at 12:40 pm

Mark, as for taking a salary as a non-profit, I believe that you can do that as long as it’s reasonable and within commonly accepted guidelines. However, for that specific information and to confirm, you need to go to http://www.irs.gov and get the rules for Non-Profits and salaries. You might want to get an accountant to also confirm and/or assist you if the mumbo jumbo from the IRS gets you confused like most of us.

As for getting an SBA loan, I believe the info the article should point you in the right direction. Give it a go!

66. Mark Hassinger  January 27, 2009 at 12:33 pm

I separated from the U.S.A.F. on 2-25-83 with an honorable discharge. I tutored students in algebra and trigonometry while attending U.N.M. and then got married and moved to Florida. I’m nearly 50 now and assist my 11 year old twin boys with math lessons every day. I’d like to do something more than tutor students from home and I’m only interested in working for myself now. I’d like some information on how to obtain a business loan for starting a math education business outside my home where students could learn algebra, trigonometery and pre-calculus.
      I’d also like to know if I started a nonprofit corporation could I still offset some of the funding for a salary that I could live on? Thanks for your input. I can be emailed at [email protected]

67. John P. Allen, General Manager of VeteransToday.com  January 17, 2009 at 9:11 am

Roman, I agree with you and I am very disappointed that the government does NOT have a better program for Veterans to start a business or get a better business loan. Clearly, the VA Home Loan program stands on it’s own and has been very successful. You logic is trying to make cents of it all is correct. I do get tons of emails from Veterans who want to start their own businesses and they get frustrated with the process because it’s just not as cut and dry as the VA Home Loan program. What’s the answer that will help you? Well, I direct you to their information on starting a business on our pages here at the top…CLICK on BUSINESS menu and see what make cents for you.

68. Roman Cansino  January 17, 2009 at 12:09 am

I have a VA Housing Loan Certificate since 1976 I never used. Now, since it’s hard to find a good paying job, I want to buy an existing, profitable, small TX Business, anywhere in Texas. Yes, they do pop up every once in awhile but, they get snapped up just as quickly if, they are a genuine moneymaker. I have seen this happen many times. Anyway, every time I seriously research into a VA Business Loan, a road block get sets up by the SBA saying a down payment of 25% is required, well now it’s 30% for an SBA Bank participant Loan.
      My thinking is (and I know it’s warped sometimes but, that’s another matter); If a VA Housing Loan can be fanagled into being used with a dollar down or nothing at all for a home, how come it can’t be used as a VA Business Loan like this? And seems to me, this has been used by WWII Vets to buy a VA Business Loan and, how come I get road blocked by the SBA with their 30% down payment? No one has come clean on this. No one seems to have an honest answer or knowledgeable answer. Yes, that’s right, KNOWLEDGEABLE answer. Some answers do not have any relevance. Or, just do not sound right. Can anyone genuinely help, please!! I know this is a question by other Vets that are set up with this financial booger.

69. Maricel Jones  January 5, 2009 at 7:12 pm

We started our business a year ago. We got personal loan to start our business but since the downfall of economy and higher tax on our loan we cant seem to get even. The business is doing good in terms of customer. Were getting known but we need help on financing. I would like to consolidate our personal loan (use for the business) and business credit and credit card to put together on one business loan. We are trying to expand by hiring couple people and getting our shop more electronic. We are looking at borrowing 150,000 to 200,000 for the business. As of now my husband is doing everything from mechanic to admin (due to my recent mobilization) and taking care of our children. We have one employee. Any help will do. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected].

70. Robert Cole  January 4, 2009 at 2:21 pm

I too am looking to start my own buisness using a VA business loan. I have challenged credit but want to buy into a franchise. I am looking to barrow about $400 thousand to buy in and start the business. I would like to know if there is a way to do this. Please feel free to contact me at my email, [email protected].

71. General Manager  December 26, 2008 at 3:43 pm