Quite often the true source of random mass shootings and violence, such as the Sandy Hook Elementary school massacre, is psychiatric medication which could well include Adam Lanza who was likely on meds and labeled as having a personality disorder
As natural news reported yesterday ~ “ According to ABC News, Adam Lanza, the alleged shooter, has been labeled as having a “mental illness” and a “personality disorder.” These are precisely the words typically heard in a person who is being “treated” with mind-altering psychiatric drugs…. One of the most common side effects of psychiatric drugs is violent outbursts and thoughts of suicide … the Columbine High School shooters were, of course, on psychiatric drugs at the time they shot their classmates in 1999. Suicidal tendencies and violent, destructive thoughts are some of the admitted behavioral side effects of mind-altering prescription medications.”
Adam Lanza ( see photo ) apparently had Asperger’s syndrome. There are no medications that specifically treat Asperger’s syndrome. Some medications may improve specific symptoms ~ such as anxiety, depression or hyperactivity ~ that can occur in many children with Asperger’s syndrome. Examples include drugs such as fluvoxamine (Luvox) ~ which may be used to treat depression or to help control repetitive behaviors. Possible side effects include restlessness and agitation.
Please note that Luvox is a drug that is 8.4 times more likely to be associated with violence than other drugs.
It is estimated that at least half of all Americans who commit suicide or commit violent acts were on psychiatric drugs and there are more than 3000 deaths a month attributed to psychiatric or psychotropic drugs.
Watch The TRUE SOURCE of RANDOM & MASS SHOOTINGS and VIOLENCE and draw your own conclusions. 11 minute must see video ~
We have the perfect example when we take a closer look at the bagful of drugs (Care of big Pharma) that are currently being thrown at Veterans as well as their well-documented adverse effects. The US military has lost more troops to suicide than to combat for the second year in a row and a better cause versus symptom based understanding of combat-related risk factors for suicide is now critical.
A recent study published in the Public Library of Science online journal (PloS One @ www.plosone.org) by the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP @ www.ismp.org) listed the top 31 prescription drugs that can cause violent or aggressive behavior in those consuming them. Note that Prozac, Paxil and the amphetamine drugs as well as Lariam are # 2, # 3 # 4 and #5 on the top-ten list;
10. Desvenlafaxine (Pristiq) ~ Pfizer’s newest antidepressant (a knock-off of Effexor, note the similarity of the generic terms) that artificially stimulates both serotonin and noradrenaline. The drug is 7.9 times more likely to be associated with violence than other drugs.
9. Venlafaxine (Effexor) ~ An antidepressant that has marketing approval for both depression and anxiety. The drug is 8.3 times more likely to be associated with violence than other drugs.
8. Fluvoxamine (Luvox) – A so-called “selective” serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) A drug that is 8.4 times more likely to be associated with violence than other drugs.
7. Triazolam (Halcion) – A benzodiazepine (a so-called “minor” but highly addictive tranquilizer) drug for insomnia that is 8.7 times more likely to be associated with violence than other drugs.
6. Atomoxetine (Strattera) – A psychostimulant drug that is 9 times more likely to be associated with violence than other drugs.
5. Mefoquine (Lariam) – An anti-malaria drug that is 9.5 times more likely to be associated with violence (including homicide and suicide) than other drugs.
4. Amphetamines – This general class of dangerous and highly addictive psychostimulant drugs is 9.6 times more likely to be associated with violence than other drugs.
3. Paroxetine (Paxil) – An SSRI antidepressant, (with psychostimulating, mania-inducing effects) that is 10.3 times more likely to be associated with violence than other drugs. It is also linked to severe withdrawal symptoms and birth defects.
2. Fluoxetine (Prozac) – A popular SSRI antidepressant drug that is 10.9 times more likely to be associated with violence than other drugs.
1. Varenicline (Chantix) – A dopaminergic anti-smoking drug that is a shocking 18 times more likely to be associated with violence than other drugs.
Psychiatric or Psychotropic drugs can no longer be ignored as a source for violent behavior, suicide and mass killings ~ which includes at-risk children, adults and veterans.
Unlike the Virginia Tech University massacre of 2007 where 33 were killed and 29 wounded but the drug record was sealed ~ hopefully the drug record of Adam Lanza will be revealed so that Big Pharma and the danger of psychotropic drugs can be put on notice, if applicable.
As Mike Adams correctly wrote this week in Natural News ~ ” If our goal us to stop the violence in America, we are completely dishonest if we do not consider the mental causes of violent behavior. And that starts with mind-altering psychiatric drugs which I believe have unleashed a drug-induced epidemic of violence across our nation…. Obama, Bloomberg and others will point to guns and try to convince you that inanimate metal objects are the cause of this violence. But they lie by omission. No guns shoots itself. The trigger must be pulled by someone, and the mental state of that person is the primary cause of the resulting action. To ignore this fundamental chain of facts is brutally dishonest.”
Why random shooters kill; ” The most important thing to remember about a random mass killer is that they have a delusion of persecution. They literally believe that the world is out to get them. They view ordinary people going about their lives as conspirators in a massive conspiracy to persecute them. They may view somebody close to them, such as a parent or relative or boss or teacher, as a “leader” in the conspiracy. They see ordinary, everyday occurrences as evidence of persecution.”
30 states have experienced mass murders since 1962 which is directly related to the accelerated use of mind-altering psychiatric drugs ~ whose adverse effects can no longer be ignored.
About the Author: Allen L Roland is a Freelance Alternative Press Online columnist. He is also a practicing psychotherapist, author and lecturer who also shares a daily political and social commentary on his web site at AllenRoland.com. He also guest hosts a Truthtalk, a national radio show that airs monthly. He is available for comments, interviews, speaking engagements and private consultations via email at [email protected].
Posted by Allen L Roland, PhD on December 17, 2012, With Reads Filed under Life, Veterans. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.