Information for Recipients of VA Education Benefits
(1) If your school is temporarily closed this term due to Hurricane Katrina or Rita, we will continue to pay any “Hurricane Katrina or Rita” students currently receiving VA Education Benefits through the end of Fall term. (See exception for permanent school closure in #2 below.)
If you receive active-duty or reserve GI Bill benefits (CH30 or 1606) you should verify your enrollment until further notice as if your school did not close. Your payment will not be affected. That can be accomplished by going to the WAVE website or by calling 1-877-823-2378.
If you currently receive benefit payments from the Department of Veterans Affairs via electronic funds transfer (electronic deposit), payment will be made to your financial institution as usual. For information on mail delivery in affected areas please visit the U.S. Postal Service website
for important information…
(2) If the school you were attending is permanently closed due to Hurricane Katrina or Rita and the State Approving Agency has withdrawn approval, your benefits will end effective the “date last paid” once we are notified of the permanent closure.
(3) If you were attending a school that has closed and you transfer or have transferred to another school approved for veterans, your benefits will continue. Our requirement for a letter from your parent school telling us they will accept your training at the current school is being
waived. If you are making a permanent transfer to a new school, we are waiving the requirement that your new school provide us with the number of hours they are accepting as prior credit. The enrollment certification we receive from your new school must be clearly identified as “Hurricane Katrina Student”.
(4) Under the law, OJT, Apprenticeship and flight students are not covered by the continuation of benefits provisions in items #1 and 2 above. If you could not work or fly due to Hurricane Katrina or Rita, we cannot continue to pay education benefits. Do not certify hours, if you
did not work or receive flight training.
(5) If you receive benefits under the Dependents Educational Assistance (CH35) program, and were due a payment 9/1/05, it was issued as scheduled. If you are unable to access your funds, please call 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551) for important information and assistance.