Regional items today come to us from: San Antonio, Philadelphia, Orangeburg, South Carolina, Cushing, Oklahoma, Union Grove, Wisconsin, Talahassee, Florida and more.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania The acknowledgment by Philadelphia VA Medical Center officials of violations in a prostate-cancer program is a necessary step toward restoring the hospital’s credibility.
- San Antonio, Texas A man recently released from a veteran’s hospital was in a two-hour standoff with San Antonio police Monday night, hurling objects at the officers …
- Orangeburg, South Carolina Orangeburg County Veterans Affairs Officer Edward Fludd is still in training, but says he’s enjoying the chance to serve his fellow veterans.
- Cushing, Oklahoma Cushing commissioners voted unanimously to name Cushing Memorial Park streets after military conflicts as a way to honor local veterans.
- Union Grove, Wisconsin Officials in the state Department of Veterans Affairs said late last week they might be forced to consider closing an assisted living facility at the Veterans Home at Union Grove …
- Chicago, Illinois For the first time in a long time, Bobbie Spidle sees a future for himself.
- Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania A ‘Women Veterans Evening,’ sponsored by the Women Veterans Program at the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, will take place from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday.
- Talahassee, Florida Florida veterans are urging Congress to shorten the backlog for disability claims and to eliminate an overlap in survivors’ benefits.