The Nation’s Katrina vanden Heuvel points out that the sound of one hand clapping is silence and the results of bi partisan legislation when one party refuses to play is… gridlock. We have seen the gun toting Tea Party protesters at political rallies; was Joe Stack the first Tea Party terrorist? Robert Wright asks the question in a NYT OpEd. Robert Gates is trying to tell Europe that the path to lasting peace is through the pursuit of endless wars as Juan Cole points out at Informed Comment. These are among the stories in today’s picks.
- Bipartisan Blather
- Bust the Health Care Trusts
- The First Tea-Party Terrorist?
- Big Pharma Divorces Billy Tauzin
- Against It Before They Were For It…
- CBO Latest to Confirm Success of Stimulus
- Dubai police identify 15 more suspects in Mabhouh murder
- California lawmakers grill Anthem Blue Cross execs over rate hikes
- Gates wants Europe to beggar itself on War Expenditures the Way the US Has