Diversity is What Union Bank is All About
By Randy Miller
Headquartered in San Francisco, UnionBanCal Corporation is a financial holding company with assets of $86 billion at December 31, 2009. Its primary subsidiary, Union Bank, N.A., is a full-service commercial bank providing an array of financial services to individuals, small businesses, middle-market companies, and major corporations. The bank has 340 banking offices in California, Oregon, Washington and Texas and two international offices.
Valuing diversity is one of Union Bank’s most closely held core values. It is part of who they are and everything they do, from recruiting and engaging their employees to selecting vendors and reaching out to their customers. Their commitment to diversity is recognized as among the Nation’s strongest, as is evident by the composition of their Board of Directors, which includes over 55 percent minorities and women.
Their workforce reflects the diverse communities they serve.
- They are comprised of 63 percent women and 37 percent men
- Their workforce consists of over 59 percent minorities at all levels
- Presently, 41 percent of their senior leaders are women or minorities
To promote their commitment to diversity and inclusion among employees, customers, and service providers, they have established:
- Two diversity councils comprised of heads of business units and senior managers across the bank
- Business opportunities for minority and woman-owned businesses
They are located in diverse markets to serve all communities. They are focused on meeting the specific needs of their broad customer base, and they have done the following:
- Formed multiple business groups to cultivate relationships and business
- Committed 2 percent of their net profit from the previous year to worthwhile charitable causes in the communities they serve
They have received accolades for their commitment to diversity and inclusion:
- For three consecutive years, Union Bank has been ranked among the “Top 50 Companies for Hispanics” by Hispanic Business Magazine
- Union Bank topped all other banks in Fortune magazine’s annual list of “America’s 50 Best Companies for Minorities” for six consecutive years
Their Diversity program has now been expanded to reach out to our talented US Veteran and Military community. If you have an interest in joining with a top quality employer, and excel in the banking industry, then I encourage you to visit the career page of Union Bank on HireVeterans.com, and apply today.
Click Here to visit Union Bank on HireVeterans.com
To visit the career page at Union Bank and to submit an application CLICK HERE
ATTENTION READERSWe See The World From All Sides and Want YOU To Be Fully Informed
In fact, intentional disinformation is a disgraceful scourge in media today. So to assuage any possible errant incorrect information posted herein, we strongly encourage you to seek corroboration from other non-VT sources before forming an educated opinion.
About VT - Policies & Disclosures - Comment Policy