We at Veterans Today strive to help those grassroots organizations that know how to connect the dots between America at War and the meltdown of the U.S. Economy do a better job. It is very timely that VT posted several aspects of this in War and Slaughter as Economic Stimulus
“How Is The War Economy Working For You?” is a national campaign organized by Veterans For Peace. VFP will be asking Americans to ask themselves and their friends how the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan and the expanding war in Pakistan are affecting our economy at home.
Posted on behalf of VFP by Robert L. Hanafin, Major, U.S. Air Force-Ret, GS-14, U.S. Civil Service-Retired, Veterans Issues Editor, Veterans Today News Network
“How is the War Economy Working For You?” is now an official VFP project!! Learn more to http://www.wareconomy.org/
VFP’s primary goals are to connect the cost of the ongoing US wars with the collapsing US economy and to present VFP membership and other peace organizations with a powerful and vital campaign to end the Middle East Wars. We will accomplish these objectives by providing both the inspiration and the needed resources to run an effective grassroots campaign along with recruiting new membership to strengthen and revitalize VFP.
And there are many ways to be involved. The VFP campaign started with an idea, a question, and banner drop in Detroit on a cannibalized high rise building. After several banner hangings around the country, VFP arrived in Washington. DC at the One Nation Rally on October 2. It was here VFP and their national campaign took flight in the form of the VFP Peace Blimp and as part of the War is the Obscenity Banner Drop. VFP has also developed a new website, www.wareconomy.org to keep current with the campaign and actions developed by VFP members and Chapters across the country.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- Write a letter to your Congressional representative
- Mail a post card to President Obama
- Call the White House
- Put a sign in your yard
- Buy or make a banner to display in your community
- Stick bumperstickers all over an abandoned school
- Hand out buttons at the local library
- Write a Letter to the Editor telling them the war economy is not working for you
- Add a video to YouTube
- Hold a leafleting action in front of City Hall, woman’s building, or library
- Print your own labels with “How is the War Economy Working for You?
- Ask your Representative to become a co-sponsor for HR 6045 – Responsible End to the War in Afghanistan Act, HR 5015 – To require a plan for the safe, orderly, and expeditious redeployment of United States Armed Forces from Afghanistan. and HR 5353 – The War is Making You Poor Act.
- Drop a banner
Don’t forget the Cost of War brochures which can be downloaded and handed out any time and to carry VFP brochures. Recruiting new members is an important part of this campaign. And please let us know what you are doing and send pictures too. All of our work is important!
Go to www.wareconomy.org for more info.
RECENTLY FROM “HOW IS THE WAR ECONOMY WORKING FOR YOU?” PROJECT:
Veterans For Peace, 216 S. Meramec, St. Louis, MO 63105, 314-725-6005
Veterans For Peace encourage you to join our ranks.