Thanksgiving Message from Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW)

7
409

Giving Thanks

Give Thanks that the War(s) have not spread even futher THUS FAR requiring the other 99% of Americans to understand what the two word THE DRAFT really mean. Give Thanks that the rest of America does not not to concern themselves with the other 1% carrying the burdens of war. Give Thanks for those who have volunteered to carry the burdens of war for the rest of us. If you really support the troops, bring them home NOW.

Posted on behalf of IVAW by Robert L. Hanafin, Major, U.S. Air Force-Retired, GS-14, U.S. Civil Service-Retired, Veterans Issues Editor, Veterans Today News Network

Anti-War Veterans Re-define Veterans Day in Thanksgiving Message

Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW) has  accomplished a lot in a short time, but there is plenty of work ahead.  Check out this recent article, “Healing from Empire: Anti-War Veterans Re-define Veterans Day” that encapsulates and celebrates our latest efforts.

Happy Thanksgiving Day

Notwithstanding the colonial roots of the Thanksgiving holiday, we hope you have a happy one.  And as you enjoy your holiday time, please remember our IVAW active duty brothers and sisters, and hold them in your thoughts and hearts.

Peace,

Iraq Veterans Against the War national staff

Aaron, Amadee, Bryan, Chantelle, Jason, Joe, Jose, Sarah, and Selena

Author Details
Readers are more than welcome to use the articles I’ve posted on Veterans Today, I’ve had to take a break from VT as Veterans Issues and Peace Activism Editor and staff writer due to personal medical reasons in our military family that take away too much time needed to properly express future stories or respond to readers in a timely manner. My association with VT since its founding in 2004 has been a very rewarding experience for me. Retired from both the Air Force and Civil Service. Went in the regular Army at 17 during Vietnam (1968), stayed in the Army Reserve to complete my eight year commitment in 1976. Served in Air Defense Artillery, and a Mechanized Infantry Division (4MID) at Fort Carson, Co. Used the GI Bill to go to college, worked full time at the VA, and non-scholarship Air Force 2-Year ROTC program for prior service military. Commissioned in the Air Force in 1977. Served as a Military Intelligence Officer from 1977 to 1994. Upon retirement I entered retail drugstore management training with Safeway Drugs Stores in California. Retail Sales Management was not my cup of tea, so I applied my former U.S. Civil Service status with the VA to get my foot in the door at the Justice Department, and later Department of the Navy retiring with disability from the Civil Service in 2000. I’ve been with Veterans Today since the site originated. I’m now on the Editorial Board. I was also on the Editorial Board of Our Troops News Ladder another progressive leaning Veterans and Military Family news clearing house. I remain married for over 45 years. I am both a Vietnam Era and Gulf War Veteran. I served on Okinawa and Fort Carson, Colorado during Vietnam and in the Office of the Air Force Inspector General at Norton AFB, CA during Desert Storm. I retired from the Air Force in 1994 having worked on the Air Staff and Defense Intelligence Agency at the Pentagon.
ATTENTION READERS
Due to the nature of independent content, VT cannot guarantee content validity.
We ask you to Read Our Content Policy so a clear comprehension of VT's independent non-censored media is understood and given its proper place in the world of news, opinion and media.

All content is owned by author exclusively. Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, other authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners or technicians. Some content may be satirical in nature. All images within are full responsibility of author and NOT VT.

About VT - Read Full Policy Notice - Comment Policy

Comments are closed.