People are Awakening
by Mark A. Goldman
“Today we have left behind our own symbols, our particular concerns because we want to demonstrate that what links us together is indignation against government abuses, against big corporations and financial entities” We demand a democracy that shows zero tolerance against corruption.
Declaration: July 4, 2011
1. We the people…believe that the crimes committed by prior administrations is unfinished business. Those who committed these crimes need to be brought to justice and justice needs to be done. We repudiate the current administration for allowing these criminals to avoid accountability and we pledge to right this wrong.
2. We the people…believe that the current administration has also committed grievous crimes, including murder, war crimes, crimes against humanity, various crimes against the peoples of other nations and crimes against citizens of the United States, including direct attacks on the US Constitution and the rule of law, a general failure to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and what it stands for. Those who have committed these crimes also need to be brought to justice and the Constitution restored to its rightful place in the world.
3. We the people…believe that unconscionable economic crimes have also been perpetrated against the American people and other peoples around the world. These crimes were aided and abetted by US government officials who failed in their duty to honor the trust given to them. Our elected officials, including members of both houses of Congress and the President, have systematically betrayed the people by selling their allegiance to private interests at the expense of the People. They are fiduciaries of the highest order and they have betrayed our trust in the most egregious manner possible. They have lied to us, cheated us, and hidden behind walls secrecy in order to perpetrate frauds on us; ignored basic principles of fairness and decency. They have squandered the people’s wealth in exchange for favors. They have aided and abetted leaders of corporations and other financial operatives to perpetrate frauds against the People and they have obstructed justice by refusing to pursue those who broke the law in doing so. These frauds shall not stand. Those who are responsible shall be made accountable.
4. We the people…believe our government has pursued economic policies designed to benefit the wealthy few at the expense of the many and we repudiate these policies and those who set them in motion. The tax policies of the Bush administration are odious, unfair, and fraudulent in every way, as were the bank bailouts. No business is too big to fail and no person is so important as to be above the law. Innocent people have lost their jobs and well being while individuals and financial institutions have not been held accountable for their crimes, nor have those who were cheated been properly compensated.
5. We the people…believe our government has put us in grave danger by not honestly addressing our most pressing problems, such as failing to address global warming and failing to create an energy policy that phases out nuclear and carbon based energy sources in favor of renewable sources of energy.
6. We the people…believe our government has undermined basic human rights both here and abroad. These failure are egregious crimes against humanity for they have betrayed the hope and well-being of future generations. They have blocked every chance for universal peace, choosing a course of perpetual war instead.
7. We the people…believe our elected officials have demeaned all those who came before… those honorable people who fought and died for justice, freedom, and human rights. We are tired of supporting liars and cheats and pledge to remove them from office and prosecute those who have committed crimes.
8. We the people…pledge to fulfill the promise of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and to make sure that all people, and every child, understands what rights and freedoms all People deserve and ought to strive for, as defined therein.
9. We the people…pledge to seek out and put into office only honorable citizens who can be trusted to fulfill their oath of office and that includes honoring this declaration so that the Constitution and justice might be honored and restored; and We the People restored to our rightful place as sovereigns of a government… of, by, and for the People.
Please visit www.gpln.com
Source: Information Clearing House