Veterans! Here’s your Top 10 News stories of the day compiled from the latest sources
We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need
1. FBI releases images of two Boston bombing suspects. The FBI has released photos of two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings and is asking for the public’s help in identifying them. FBI Agent Richard DesLauriers says the photos came from surveillance cameras, photos and other evidence near the explosion sites
2. Pressure cookers have long history in world of bomb-making, experts say. Investigators believe the bombs that killed three people in Boston on Monday were housed in pressure cookers. The technique for building a pressure cooker bomb is “commonly taught in Afghan terrorist training camps,” according to a 2004 memo from the Department of Homeland Security.
3. First littoral combat ship arrives in Singapore. The U.S. Navy’s first littoral combat ship USS Freedom arrived in Singapore on Thursday to officially begin its maiden overseas deployment.
4. New Command Structure Fortifies Special Operations Partnerships. The commander of the U.S. Special Operations Command yesterday lauded a new command structure that aligns various NATO and U.S. special operations forces elements under two-star headquarters. In testimony before the House Armed Services Committee’s …
5. Dempsey, South Korean Counterpart Reaffirm Alliance. The alliance between the United States and South Korea is stronger than ever, the top military officers from both countries said today. Army Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Gen. Jung Seung-jo, his South Korean counterpart, convened the 37th …
6. DCoE April Webinar: ‘Military Families, Coping with Reintegration Challenges’. Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury (DCoE) will host its next webinar, “Military Families and Coping with Reintegration Challenges,” from 1 to 2:30 p.m. (EDT) April 25. Since the onset of Operations Enduring Freedom and …
7. President Obama Hosts Wounded Warriors Taking Part in the “Soldier Ride” at the White House. Hyperlink to Story The White House Blog: Today we are privileged to celebrate the upcoming journey of some of our amazing Wounded Warriors. These inspiring Veterans will accomplish the daunting task of riding over the next three days and inspiring us all.
8. Hagel orders DoD to ‘restructure’ path toward integrated health record. Hyperlink to Above Story WFED-AM (Federal News Radio): The Defense Department is “way behind” the Department of Veterans Affairs as the government’s two largest bureaucracies push toward the longstanding objective of achieving interoperable health record systems, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Tuesday.
9. Lawmakers push Hagel on DoD-VA interoperability. Hyperlink to Story Government Health IT: Lawmakers on the House and Senate Veterans’ Affairs committees are pressuring Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel for clarification on the agency’s plans for speeding up information sharing and updating its electronic health record system.
10. Shinseki Says VA Moving Forward on Sharing EHR Data With Pentagon. Hyperlink to Story iHealthBeat: During a congressional budget hearing Monday, Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki said that his agency is moving forward with plans to share electronic health record data with the Department of Defense…
Have You Heard?
Weather emergencies, such as tornadoes, floods, and lightning, can occur without a lot of warning. However, you can prepare for different types of severe weather.
One of the basic recommendations to help you prepare for any emergency is to assemble a disaster supplies kit, which includes water, food, a first-aid kit, and many other items.
Knowing what to do in different circumstances may save your life and the lives of others.
ATTENTION READERSWe See The World From All Sides and Want YOU To Be Fully Informed
In fact, intentional disinformation is a disgraceful scourge in media today. So to assuage any possible errant incorrect information posted herein, we strongly encourage you to seek corroboration from other non-VT sources before forming an educated opinion.
About VT - Policies & Disclosures - Comment Policy