Veterans! Here’s your Top 10 News stories of the day compiled from the latest sources
We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need
1. WWII veterans mark Victory in Europe Day at memorial. The world owes American WWII veterans a perpetual debt of gratitude, according to dignitaries who marked Victory in Europe Day in the nation’s capital on Wednesday.
2. Who has jurisdiction in sex assault case: civilian or military court? When servicemembers are accused of a crime that violates both military and state law, military and civilian prosecutors coordinate to decide which authority should prosecute, often as a matter of pre-determined agreements.
3. An ‘unfair fight’ for job-seeking veterans. The language barrier between troops who have literally worn their resumes on their sleeves and the civilian hiring system has grown to a gaping chasm.
4. ISAF announces misconduct investigation. The International Security Assistance Force is investigating alleged misconduct during an operation that killed four insurgents, the coalition announced Wednesday.
5. Marine recruitment effort targets Asian-Americans, Pacific Islanders. The Marine Corps on Wednesday began an advertising campaign targeted toward encouraging enlistment by Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders, two groups that make up only a tiny percentage of the Corps.
6. Veterans sift through health care options. Roughly 40 percent of the 22.3 million military veterans receive health-care services from the Veterans Health Administration, which operates a nationwide network of medical centers, hospitals and clinics. Many veterans are eligible for both VA health …
7. VA Says it Deferred 2012 Bonuses for Some Health Execs. Taylor said the department had deferred the 2012 performance awards for some senior executives in the Veterans Health Administration pending further review. Some of those affected are in the Southeast and Pennsylvania medical networks, which have
8. Veterans Affairs Secretary Shinseki to Present at Mental Health Association. Broadway World We are privileged to work closely with the Department of Veterans Affairs on the Veterans Crisis Line and are honored that he will join us at our gala.” said Giselle Stolper, President and CEO of MHA-NYC. The event, “Where There is Help, There is Hope …
9. US to modernize human resources technology. FutureGov Magazine Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), US will replace its 50 year old legacy Human Resources (HR) application with a new system under the …
10. Veterans Have Unusual Choice Thanks To Health Exchanges. Hyperlink to Story NPR: When the House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs held a hearing recently, members expressed concern that veterans might not qualify for subsidies for the new health insurance marketplaces if they were enrolled in VA health coverage.
Have You Heard?
Pilot evaluation of AfterDeployment.org’s workshop for posttraumatic stress. The DoD’s AfterDeployment.org website was developed to increase reach of behavioral health resources, offering education, assessment, and self-help coping tools on many postdeployment-related topics. A new pilot study tested the effectiveness of the site’s posttraumatic stress module. Read more…
We See The World From All Sides and Want YOU To Be Fully InformedIn fact, intentional disinformation is a disgraceful scourge in media today. So to assuage any possible errant incorrect information posted herein, we strongly encourage you to seek corroboration from other non-VT sources before forming educated opinion. In addition, to get a clear comprehension of VT's independent non-censored media, please read our Policies and Disclosures.
Due to the nature of uncensored content posted by VT's fully independent international writers, VT cannot guarantee absolute validity. All content is owned by the author exclusively. Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, other authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners, or technicians. Some content may be satirical in nature. All images are the full responsibility of the article author and NOT VT. About VT - Comment Policy