Veterans! Here’s your Top 10 News stories of the day compiled from the latest sources
We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need
1. Mothers in uniform get room on base to nurse young. Army civilian personnel specialist Tracey Leven recalls the time she tried to use a breast pump to express milk in a military office years ago. Instead of “breast pump in use,” she was required to put a sign on the door reading, “occupied.” That didn’t stop two male soldiers from using their keys to open the locked office.
2. Charting the VA’s attempts to streamline. Reading Eagle The chart below shows claims accuracy and the backlog for the Philadelphia office of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (orange line), compared with the national average (blue) and the VA’s own goals (red). Data comes from the Department of …
3. JA Veterans Learn About Healthy Longevity. The Rafu Shimpo Addressing the occupational and financial aspects of health were representatives from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs who spoke on the array of benefits available through the VA, including independent living services and health and medical …
4. Veterans ride to remember, heal. They’ll thunder in on their motorcycles by the hundreds Friday evening, veterans and their loved ones making the yearly stop in Odessa en route Washington D.C.
5. Syria-linked group blamed in Turkey blasts; at least 43 dead. In one of the deadliest attacks in Turkey in recent years, two car bombs exploded near the border with Syria on Saturday, killing 43 and wounding 140 others. Turkish officials blamed the attack on a group linked to Syria.
6. World grapples with rise in cyber crime. International law enforcement agencies say the recent $45 million dollar ATM heist is just one of many scams they’re fighting in an unprecedented wave of sophisticated cyberattacks.
7.UK Prince, Injured US Officer Launch Warrior Games. Hyperlink to Story ABC News (AP): Combat helicopter pilot Prince Harry of Britain along with Olympic swimming champion Missy Franklin joined an American naval officer who had been blinded in Afghanistan in launching the Warrior Games for wounded service members.
8. Bill introduced to increase veterans C.O.L.A.. Hyperlink to Above Story Parkersburg News and Sentinel: The Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act directs the secretary of Veterans Affairs to increase the rate of veterans’ payments to keep pace with the rise in expenses for Veterans’ Disability Compensation and Dependency and Indemnity Compensation for surviving spouses and children and certain related benefits, said Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., who was among the senators introducing the legislation.
9. VA entitlements exist for surviving family members. Hyperlink to Story The Daily News: As veterans with honorable discharges pass away, many surviving families are unaware of benefits they are entitled to through the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense.
10. Surviving family members reminded to explore VA entitlements. As veterans with honorable discharges pass away, many surviving families are unaware of benefits they are entitled to through the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense.
Have You Heard?
VA Secretary Shinseki Delivers FSU Commencement Address: Secretary Shinseki delivered the spring 2013 commencement address at Florida State University. Read More »
We See The World From All Sides and Want YOU To Be Fully InformedIn fact, intentional disinformation is a disgraceful scourge in media today. So to assuage any possible errant incorrect information posted herein, we strongly encourage you to seek corroboration from other non-VT sources before forming educated opinion. In addition, to get a clear comprehension of VT's independent non-censored media, please read our Policies and Disclosures.
Due to the nature of uncensored content posted by VT's fully independent international writers, VT cannot guarantee absolute validity. All content is owned by the author exclusively. Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, other authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners, or technicians. Some content may be satirical in nature. All images are the full responsibility of the article author and NOT VT. About VT - Comment Policy