We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need
1.Sen. Begich, others in Fairbanks for Veterans Summit. Fairbanks Daily News-Miner Dr. Robert Petzel from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs answered. … News-Miner intern Sam Allen is a student in the journalism department at the
2.Northeastern Louisiana veterans could soon have new place. The Republic Northeastern Louisiana veterans could soon have new place of honor for a final resting place if the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs …
3.Mobile Office Offers Disabled Veterans’ Services. WICS-TV Disabled American Veterans calls it their Mobile Service Office. … and educate them about programs available through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
4.More housing vouchers available for homeless veterans. The Northwest Florida Daily News The area has received 45 additional housing vouchers for eligible veterans from … of Housing and Urban Development and the Department of Veterans Affairs
5. Military leaders wrap up conference on Syria crisis. A meeting of top military officials from 10 regional and Western nations, including Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, wrapped up Tuesday as the Obama administration appeared to be preparing for military action in Syria amid claims that government forces used banned chemical weapons.
6. The goal: Understanding how furry friends ease PTSD, TBI. The Department of Defense this month awarded a $750,000 grant to military medicine researchers and Maryland-based nonprofit Warrior Canine Connection for a three-year study to understand the science behind why the dogs seem to help troops get over PTSD.
7. Wave of retirements hitting federal workforce. A wave of retirements by senior federal employees has begun rolling across the government as aging baby boomers who held on to their jobs during the economic downturn are increasingly calling it quits.
8. Vet’s denied claim granted 10 years later — for $500,000. The first time the Vietnam veteran filed his disability claim, he got nothing. The second time, he got nearly $500,000. “It was certainly a surprise,” said the veteran, who asked to remain anonymous because of his recent windfall.
9. VP Biden pledges continued support for veterans. Hyperlink to Article Military Times (AP): The federal government will continue to honor the country’s “one sacred obligation,” to support soldiers and their families during deployments and once they return home, Vice President Joe Biden pledged Tuesday to the nation’s largest veterans organization.
10.VA Secretary Meets With Regional Office Employees. Hyperlink to Article KWTX (Video): Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki was in Waco Tuesday to vist employees and department heads at the VA’s Waco Regional Office.
Have You Heard?
As part of developing this registry, we asked for public comments on the proposed questionnaire by August 20, 2013. We received more than 300 comments. Thank you for your suggestions and opinions. We are reviewing the comments and working to finalize the questionnaire. Learn more.
exposures to learn about military exposures and VA benefits.