|Army Reserves Director busy with two big projects
Apart from overseeing a pilot project to involve the reserve component of the SA Army in rural economic development, Brigadier General Gerhard Kamffer is also the man in overall charge of the renaming project of Army Reserve Force units.
|The AU’s ICC summit: A case of elite solidarity for self preservation? – ISS
Although it is debatable whether it warranted an extraordinary session of the African Union (AU) Assembly, the relationship between Africa and the International Criminal Court (ICC) is an important one deserving robust debate.
| Human Security
|U.S. Navy ship rescues migrants near Malta
A U.S. Navy ship rescued 128 men from a raft after it was spotted in the Mediterranean Sea by a Maltese patrol aircraft, U.S. authorities said, the latest incident in the growing migrant crisis.
|Egypt-U.S. relations in turmoil: Egyptian foreign minister
Relations between the United States and Egypt are now in turmoil and the entire Middle East could suffer, the Egyptian foreign minister said in remarks made a week after Washington moved to curtail military aid to Cairo.
| Human Security
|WFP condemns Mogadishu ration card scam
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) has condemned a recently uncovered scam aimed at defrauding displaced people in Mogadishu and urges residents of the Somali capital to beware of the illegal scheme.
- Nigeria military says repels attack, kills 40 Islamists
- Little comfort for Egypt’s Brotherhood during sacred Eid
- France in demand again as Central Africa crisis deepens
- Qaeda suspect’s shipboard fast, poor health halted U.S. interrogation
- Kenya’s Ruto to cooperate with ICC despite African pressure
- Amnesty says hundreds die in Nigerian jails
- Malawi names new finance minister after graft scandal
- New African Military Profile: Rwanda
- Officials say Egypt arrests Mursi supporter linked to Cairo attack
- U.S. spy agency collects millions of email address lists – report
- Suicide bombers die in failed plot at Ethiopia soccer match
- Libyan al-Qaeda suspect to appear in court in New York
- At least two die in Libya blast near militant stronghold: residents, source
- Sole opposition MP says Ethiopia bottling up strife
- France’s Hollande: Central African Republic troubles could spill over
- Give them the helicopters: ISS
- In Egypt, deposed president’s family say Mursi won’t negotiate
- Bomb blast in Ethiopian capital kills two: state radio
- African Union says Kenya leader should not go to trial in Novembe
- Hague judges rule Gaddafi-era spy chief can face trial at home
We See The World From All Sides and Want YOU To Be Fully Informed
In fact, intentional disinformation is a disgraceful scourge in media today. So to assuage any possible errant incorrect information posted herein, we strongly encourage you to seek corroboration from other non-VT sources before forming an educated opinion.
- Policies & Disclosures
- Comment Policy
Due to the nature of uncensored content posted by VT's fully independent international writers, VT cannot guarantee absolute validity. All content is owned by the author exclusively. Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, other authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners, or technicians. Some content may be satirical in nature. All images are the full responsibility of the article author and NOT VT.