Are you noticing hair loss?
Is there a hair loss shampoo made for you? Yes, there is a shampoo that will help reduce hair loss.
Thinning hair and receding hairlines causes panic in most of us. You tend to think, well, bald is in. Look at all the bald celebrities. People have their hair cut and shaved to look bald but is that really for you?
What can you do to stop hair loss?
Hair loss causes
Before you start buying shampoo and products that claim they stop hair loss or not only stop hair loss, they reverse it; you will need to do the following to determine what the best course of action for you is.
First, you need to know the reason for your hair loss. According to the Mayo Clinic, there are a few reasons for baldness. Some of those reasons are:
- Hormonal changes
- Treatments like radiation or chemo
- Extreme physical or emotional stress
Second, know when it is time to visit your doctor. If you become anxious over continued hair loss, speak to your doctor. Some causes, when treated early, can slow down or stop hair loss.
Before settling on a treatment, your doctor will probably run a few tests; these include:
- Blood tests
- Pulling a dozen or so strands of hair from your head
- Biopsy of your scalp by scraping some of the scalp cells
- Light microscopy
After these tests, then discuss treatments and shampoos for your hair loss.
Treatments including shampoo for hair loss
If you are like most of us, the last thing you want is to spend money on expensive treatments that you have to continue for the rest of your life to prevent hair loss.
Let’s look at some of the available treatments.
- Medications like Rogaine or Finasteride. Rogaine takes about six months to stop hair loss and begin new growth. It must be used once a day for women and twice a day for men. Finasteride is for men and is a pill that you take daily. It also takes months to tell if it is working or not and has some side effects. The side effects include lack of sex drive or sex function and an increased risk of prostate cancer.
- Hair transplant surgery. Like all surgeries can present risks, it is also expensive.
- Laser treatment treats hereditary hair loss in both men and women. This option can also be costly.
You may be wondering about all-natural or home remedies. Let’s look at some of those.
Shampoos for hair loss
So, you are experiencing hair loss. You may be wondering, what is the best shampoo for you to use? Will it stop hair loss and even help new hair grow?
Several shampoos help reduce hair loss; but, how are these formulas made, what ingredients do they contain?
A good hair loss shampoo will use science to create a formula that works. For example, the following for ingredients have scientific backing.
- Caffeine see the study
- Saw Palmetto see the study
- Pumpkin Seed Extract see the study
- Stinging Nettle see the study
Those four ingredients either reduce, block, or stop DHT conversion or decrease the scalp’s inflammation.
When mixed with a natural condition such as Argan Oil or Niacinamide found in food, you have a natural shampoo that has far fewer side effects than the medications available by prescription.
You should discuss the use of this type of shampoo with your doctor. Ask your doctor if any of the ingredients will affect any medications you are currently on for any health issues.