Editor’s note: In today’s picks Glen Greenwald takes up the call for justice for crimes committed during the “war on terror,” and Raymond Learsy at Huff Post wants to tax the banks and brokers ’till they squeak, an idea that I’m all for if they can be prevented from passing the tax on to the consumer, which of course is me, and, uh… you.
- Reining in the Gods of the Fed
- Did Obama Win the Iraq War?
- Taxing Wall Street Down to Size
- The crime of not “Looking Backward”
- Our Banks Becoming Casinos and Washington Yawns
- Tomgram: William Astore, Going Rogue in Combat Boots
- Alaska Sen. Murkowski’s attempt to curb EPA draws criticism
- George Will Displays Core GOP Value: Cheap, Disposable Labor
- In eastern Afghan province, preview of upcoming surge strategy