David Cole takes on Liz Cheney and her Daddy Warbucks at Salon. Andy Kroll at Tomgram welcomes us to the Ponzi Nation we have become. Glen Beck is still listening to the Beatles backwards and finding dark and treasonous portents in pop music and probably in his breakfast cereal at Media Matters and Jim Hightower says “chicken feathers” to the idea of Georgia’s new state bird… the chicken? Those stories and more in today’s picks.
- Lawyers, Terror & Torture
- Welcome to America, Sucker
- Glenn Beck: Behind the Music
- Preserving Reasonable Gun Limits
- How Big Business Dupes the Masses
- Respecting Chickens, or Chicken Profits?
- Rove ‘proud’ detainees were waterboarded
- Why Are We Afraid to Tax the Super-Rich?
- The Difference Between a Terrorist and Someone Who Flies a Plane Into a Building