by Karen Mills
Happy National Small Business Week to more than 27 million small businesses, their employees, and all Americans! You can read the President’s proclamation here.
The facts are clear: small businesses create about two out of every three jobs in the U.S. each year, and roughly half of working Americans either own or work for a small business.
Today, we released a report that details the many things the Administration has done over the past two years to help small businesses do what they do best: create jobs. It’s called The Small Business Agenda: Growing America’s Small Businesses to Win the Future.
There are seven areas where we’ve made accomplishments, including:
- 17 tax breaks for small businesses through the Recovery Act, the Small Business Jobs Act and other laws
- $53 billion in SBA lending support for 113,000 small businesses at a time when traditional lending was frozen
- Nearly $100 billion in federal contracting dollars annually going to small businesses, with a new tool to help women-owned firms
- Support for small businesses to export their products and help meet the National Export Initiative’s goal to double exports in coming years
- Free and low-cost counseling to more than 2 million entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Targeted mentoring and growth capital for high-growth small businesses – the biggest job creators – through new efforts like Startup America
- More stability and protection in financial markets as well as work to reduce regulatory barriers and costs
But our job is not done.
Read full Article at Whitehouse.gov