McKinstry has many positions available
McKinstry has joined the HireVeterans.com team.
Established in 1960, McKinstry is a full-service design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) firm with over 1,600 employees and approximately $400 million in annual revenue. McKinstry’s professional staff and trades people deliver consulting, construction, energy, and facility services. As an early adopter of the DBOM process, the company advocates collaborative and sustainable solutions that are designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and ultimately optimize client profitability for the life of their building.
In addition to the lives of the buildings they help create, McKinstry is committed to improving communities and the lives of people in need, both locally and around the world. Through the McKinstry Charitable Foundation, they’ve had the honor of sharing their prosperity with great organizations of every kind over the years, but they are purposefully focused on efforts that nurture children, support education, and provide global health.
McKinstry frequently puts its brainpower and influence to work for the community good. Depending on the challenge at hand, they provide expertise and professional services, and we encourage our partners to do the same.
- SAFETY: Creating a safe work environment for our employees and customers.
- FINANCIAL STABILITY: Ensuring long-term financial strength providing a measurement of performance, creating employee security and reinvesting in our future.
- INNOVATION: Providing innovative solutions that maintain competitive advantage in a continually changing and complex industry.
- REPUTATION: Achieving performance standards that maintain our position as the premier solution provider and the preferred place to work.
- INTEGRATION: Weaving together disparate functions and expertise to innovate and drive out waste in the built environment by working together – internally, and with partners and clients – to achieve more innovative, creative solutions in collaboration.
One of many available openings..
(Sr.) Energy Engineer
Determine potential performance enhancements and provide specific recommendations to eliminate system malfunction. Provide detailed systems analysis of complex systems. Perform energy calculations, existing building baselining/logging, and identify opportunities to improve efficiency.Develop strategies, goals and objectives specific to project execution.Support other Energy Engineer’s and Project Energy Engineer’s in determining the right technical approach for evaluating complex efficiency solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Including, but not limited to, eQuest, Trace, Power DOE, Carrier HAP, BIM and CAD.
- Must be familiar with industry standard calculation methods including, but not limited to, degree day method, bin method, hourly simulation, lighting calculations, affinity laws, and electrical load and power calculations
- Thorough understanding of ESPC Contracting
- Maintain good understanding of pertinent building and energy codes.
- Maintain good understanding of incentive programs and processes.
- 12+ years experience with Professional Engineer license or 16+ years experience without certification, at least eight (8) years must be Energy Engineering experience
- 2-7 years of mechanical or electrical design experience preferred