As I search for a morsel of truth in the actions of our disingenuous plutocracy ~ I find myself always falling back to the truths of the late George Carlin, our modern day Mark Twain, who not only saw the duplicity of our present actions but was more than willing to speak his truth with biting humor and sarcasm: Allen L Roland, Ph.D
“How is it possible to have a civil war?” ~ George Carlin
George Denis Patrick Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, social critic, actor, and author ~ born in 1937 and died on June 22, 2008 at the age of 71 ~ but his truth lives on.
On the anniversary of his passing seven years ago, I pay homage to his courage and willingness to speak his truth to power ~ for George Carlin remains a hero to all those who seek the truth, including myself, as well as a constant inspiration to those who would speak their truth during these disingenuous times.
Here’s George cutting through the layers of deception and revisionist history of the American government to concisely explain the real objectives of our rulers upon the population, despite what they say to the public. You really don’t need to read very far into this subject to reach a similar conclusion.
3 minute YouTube video ~ with over 5 million views.
Life Reflections by George Carlin
- Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected.
- I’m not into working out. My philosophy is no pain, no pain.
- I’m in shape. Round is a shape.
- I’m desperately trying to figure out why Kamikaze pilots wore helmets.
- Do illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?
- I’ve always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
- Ever notice when you blow in a dog’s face he gets mad at you, but when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window?
- Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
- You have to stay in shape. My mother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She’s 97 now and we have no idea where she is.
10. I have six locks on my door, all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three of them.
- One out of every three Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of two of your best friends. If they are OK, then it must be you.
- They show you how detergents take out bloodstains. Think if you’ve got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it, maybe your laundry isn’t your biggest problem.
- Ask people why they have deer heads on their walls and they tell you it’s because they’re such beautiful animals. I think my wife is beautiful, but I only have photographs of her on the wall.
- A lady came up to me on the street, pointed at my suede jacket and said, “Don’t you know a cow was murdered for that jacket?” I said “I didn’t know there were any witnesses. Now I’ll have to kill you too.”
- Future historians will be able to study at the Jimmy Carter Library, the Gerald Ford Library, the Ronald Reagan Library, and the Bill Clinton Adult Bookstore.
The magic of George Carlin was his ability to make me laugh at myself, the government and the blatant disingenuous nature of our times ~ it seemed almost Zen-like, and I believe it was, for Carlin indeed knew how to plant ideas in our minds, much like Twain, with his irreverent truth and humor.
“But when you’re in front of an audience and you make them laugh at a new idea, you’re guiding the whole being for the moment. No one is ever more him/herself than when they really laugh. Their defenses are down. It’s very Zen-like, that moment. They are completely open, completely themselves when that message hits the brain and the laugh begins. That’s when new ideas can be implanted. If a new idea slips in at that moment, it has a chance to grow.” ~ George Carlin, Last Words
Allen L Roland, PhD is a Freelance Alternative Press Online columnist. He is also a heart centered spiritual consultant, author and lecturer who also shares a weekly political and social commentary on his web site at AllenRoland.com. He also guest hosts Truthtalk, a national radio show that airs monthly. He is available for comments, interviews, speaking engagements as well as private consultations via email at [email protected].
Roland is a twin who was born in Boston, Massachusetts, survived a dysfunctional family, pursued and lived his dreams, including becoming a Navy supersonic carrier pilot, finding himself by fully opening his heart, writing three books, siring four children ~ and is still living his ultimate dream by making a difference from a place of love, celebration and service.
His Ph.D dissertation THE UNIFIED FIELD was chosen by Common Boundary and Noetic Science Institute, in their 1998 national dissertation contest, as one of the top three finalists for combining spirituality and psychology. His ongoing heart centered work as a consultant with veterans with PTSD, is the most satisfying work of his life. Allen’s online newsletter, columns and radio broadcasts are committed to the truth ~ as he sees it ~ for only the truth is revolutionary.
We See The World From All Sides and Want YOU To Be Fully InformedIn fact, intentional disinformation is a disgraceful scourge in media today. So to assuage any possible errant incorrect information posted herein, we strongly encourage you to seek corroboration from other non-VT sources before forming educated opinion. In addition, to get a clear comprehension of VT's independent non-censored media, please read our Policies and Disclosures.
Due to the nature of uncensored content posted by VT's fully independent international writers, VT cannot guarantee absolute validity. All content is owned by the author exclusively. Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, other authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners, or technicians. Some content may be satirical in nature. All images are the full responsibility of the article author and NOT VT. About VT - Comment Policy