by Jane Rosenstein and Didier Lambert
Soon after the tragedies in Paris, Cartes Secure Connexions 2015 took place in Paris Nord Exhibition Center in Villepinte, France from
November 17-19, 2015. Cartes, founded 30 years ago has seen many developments in information society and now digital society,
The theme of CARTES SECURE CONNECTIONS 2015 was “unlimited innovation.”
The Sesmes Awards, usually presented the night before the event were held the first night of the event. This year 11 awards were presented including a special Golden Sesames Award which Infineon won. After the presentation of the awards there was an outstanding cocktail party. We met Rinku Suri, dressed in a beautiful beige Indian sari who told us she was there to promote Smart Cards Expo www.smartcardexpo.co in India which will be held on October 18 -19,2016,
She told us “SmartCards Expo was launched in 1999 by Electronics Today, India’s first Techno-Economic Electronics Monthly Journal and the Pioneer in organizing Electronics/Information Technology exhibitions in India since 1969.
India has seen a promising growth in all these technology applications during the past few years. Smart card applications, in conjunction with mobile communications, biometrics, RFID and Payments technologies, are being implemented by the Central and State governments for several socioeconomic projects worth trillion of rupees.”
We had the pleasure of talking with Arielle Jaffe, marketing & communications coordinator for Mondato LLC. Arielle, from USA told us that she enjoys the cultural life in Paris.
This year there were 15,090 participqnts from 155 countries and 394 exhibitors of which 82% were from outside France. The event featured 139 speakers and 110 conference sessions.
Topics for the conference programs were:
- HCE & TOKENIZATION: WHAT ROLE FOR THE SECURE ELEMENT?
- BIOMETRIC ID: THE FUTURE OF PASSWORDS?
- E-BANKING & M-BANKING: CHALLENGES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR FINTECH
- E-MONEY & M-MONEY IN EMERGING MARKETS
- NEW BUSINESS MODELS: WHAT IMPACT ON THE BANKING, TELCO & RETAIL INDUSTRIES?
- E-DOCUMENTS & E-ID AS DRIVERS FOR CROSS-SECTOR AND BORDER DIGITAL SERVICES
- PRIVACY: THE CONSUMER TAKES CONTROL
- MONEY ON THE MOVE: MPOS, WALLETS & PEER TO PEER PAYMENTS – which included a talk by Sarah Clark , Manager CEEMEA- Paypal and how Pay PAL will be used around the world.
- MOBILE PAYMENTS ; NFC,HCE SE, TOKENIZATION
- SECURE IDENTITY IN A CONNECTED WORLD
The exhibition halls featured various products and services for secure solutions for payment, identification and mobility.
The exhibition area had these sections:
- CARD MANUFACTURING, PERSONALIZATION & SERVICES
- CONSULTING & TESTS
- PAYMENT, PROCESSING & ACQUIRING
- IDENTIFICATION & DATA PROTECTION
Because technology is constantly changing it is important to have CARTES to enable professionals to learn of new developments and exchange ideas with others in their fields.