Happy birthday Charles Darwin, Steven Newton at Huff Post offers some reasons for the importance of Darwin’s work. It’s also Valentine’s Day and AlterNet’s Daniela Perdomo suggests that the way to celebrate it this year is to break up with your bank. The hired “experts” so often seen in the media are very often serving their own bank balances as a story from The Nation tells us and those stories and more in today’s picks.
- Republicans and Medicare
- The Lobbying-Media Complex
- Getting to Know the Right Wing
- Time to get serious about the budget
- Five Reasons Why Evolution is Important
- This Valentine’s Day, Break Up With Your Bank
- Obama’s Secret Prisons in Afghanistan Endanger US All
- Why Does Everyone Obsess Over the Tea Party Yahoos?
- Social Security surplus hit by joblessness, early retirement
- Lawsuit: Blackwater Put Filipino Prostitute On Government Tab
- Bill Nye the Science Guy: Climate change deniers are ‘unpatriotic’
- Republicans at Highest Levels Really Want to Do Away with Democracy for All
ATTENTION READERSWe See The World From All Sides and Want YOU To Be Fully Informed
In fact, intentional disinformation is a disgraceful scourge in media today. So to assuage any possible errant incorrect information posted herein, we strongly encourage you to seek corroboration from other non-VT sources before forming an educated opinion.
About VT - Policies & Disclosures - Comment Policy
Due to the nature of uncensored content posted by VT's fully independent international writers, VT cannot guarantee absolute validity. All content is owned by the author exclusively. Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, other authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners, or technicians. Some content may be satirical in nature. All images are the full responsibility of the article author and NOT VT.