Wonder why so many people are so seriously… overweight? Derrick Jackson at the Boston Globe writes that we might consider the 17 teaspoons of sugar in one 20 oz. soda. Cowboy iconoclast Jim Hightower casts light on Texas’ Guv Rick Perry’s lame attempt to cover up state collusion with businesses cheating on tax abatement agreements and Dylan Ratigan patiently explains to Glen Beck “where snow comes from,” those stories and more in today’s picks.
- Iranian Nukes? Not So Fast
- Playing Political Games With Corporate Welfare
- Falsely sweet pledges from trash food companies
- Taliban stronghold under siege in NATO offensive
- MSNBC host explains to Glenn Beck where snow comes from
- Liberal commentator shouts down ‘enhanced interrogation’ defender
- After warmest January in history, Vancouver airlifts in snow for Winter Olympics.
- Dianne Feinstein Attempts End-Run to Hand California Water to Billionaire Farmers