Regional stories today from: South Bend, Indiana, Jacksonville, North Carolina, Lynn, Massachusetts, Billings, Montana, Norwich, Connecticut, Dartmouth, Massachusetts, Murphysboro, Illinois, Rapid City, South Dakota, Buffalo, New York, and Hilo, Hawaii.
- South Bend, Indiana A final salute to veterans
- Hilo, Hawaii Big Isle veterans home survives and thrives
- Lynn, Massachusetts Lt. Gov to tout vets’ benefits in Lynn
- Murphysboro, Illinois Flags Stolen From Veterans Memorial
- Norwich, Connecticut Our view: VA can make better use of money
- Billings, Montana Billings vet set for first visit to WWII memorial in D.C.
- Buffalo, New York Veterans Memorial to get another wall for new names
- Roseburg, Oregon Meeting explores if we’re ready for returning veterans
- Dartmouth, Massachusetts Bill would help blind veterans keep state stipend
- Jacksonville, North Carolina 37 years later, a day is set to recognize Vietnam Vets
- Rapid City, South Dakota Native American vets claim racial discrimination by VA in SD
Illinois Jobs for Veterans
Law Enforcement Career starts here!
The Tazewell County Sheriff’s Merit Commission is seeking qualified applicants to procure a hiring list for the position of Deputy with the Tazewell County Sheriff’s Dept. Applicants must be 21 years of age at time of application.
Benefits: Union position, pension, county health, vision and dental insurance, paid vacations, sick days, holidays, and annual education bonus.
No resumes please. Application packets including instructions and requirements available at the Sheriff’s Office, 101 S. Capitol St. Pekin, IL 61554 or on website: www.Tazewell.com 9:00AM Monday, April 5, 2010 to 5:00 PM Friday, April 23, 2010. Questions call Jane 309-478-5607.