The Senate Veterans Affairs committee list a couple of hearings for September so far
Legislative Presentation: The American Legion
Date: Wed Sep 22 2010, 9:30 AM, 2.5 hours
Location: 345 Cannon
Oversight Hearing: VA Disability Compensation: Presumptive Disability Decision-Making.
Date: Thu Sep 23 2010, 9:30 AM, 2.5 hours
Location: Dirksen Ground Room 50
Again all veterans should be alerted to these hearings and be more involved, as I said in the news article on House Hearings. You need to
1. Keep an eye on what the hill is doing.
2. Input information to your US Representative and US Senator.
3. If your information also can educate and make suggestions on Veterans Needs then you need to send email, fax, call the Committees on the hill that have jurisdiction.
4. Review who is on each of these committees is your Representative or Senator on that committee? What kind of input are you having?
5. Don’t assume others are handling the problems!
6. Each citizen, family member, veteran can have an impact on making things happen for the good.
7. Do not just complain do something to make a difference!
8. Go to the websites listen to the archives of hearings and tune in to the future live hearings. Keep informed and inform others!