The Big Lie About Job Recovery


The US Economy is Losing, Not Gaining, Jobs EMRATIO_Max_630_378


By Dr Stuart Jeanne Bramhall


Thanks to The Economic Collapse, I have come across an extremely illuminating chart (The Civilian-Employment Population Ratio) produced by the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis. It depicts the true US unemployment level. 

Based on Department of Labor statistics, it reveals that only 58.3% of working age Americans have a job. Of the other 41.7% (92 million), the Obama administration officially recognizes only 11 million or 7.3% as unemployed. The other 34.4% (92 million) are classified as “not in the labor force.” In other words, they don’t want jobs.

As you can see from the graph, they wanted jobs up until 1999. However for some mysterious reason they lost interest and now they don’t want to work any more.

It’s extremely difficult to listen to Obama and Wall Street crow about economic recovery while more and more Americans fall into poverty. The US economy, as measured by job availability, is getting worse, not better. Even the Department of Labor admits the US lost 691,000 full time jobs in September.

The graph reveals that the percent of unemployed Americans of working age has increased from 35.5% in 1999 to 41.7% in 2013. Most of that increase (5%) has occurred since Obama was first elected in 2008.  

Photo credit Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis



We See The World From All Sides and Want YOU To Be Fully Informed
In fact, intentional disinformation is a disgraceful scourge in media today. So to assuage any possible errant incorrect information posted herein, we strongly encourage you to seek corroboration from other non-VT sources before forming an educated opinion.

About VT - Policies & Disclosures - Comment Policy
Due to the nature of uncensored content posted by VT's fully independent international writers, VT cannot guarantee absolute validity. All content is owned by the author exclusively. Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, other authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners, or technicians. Some content may be satirical in nature. All images are the full responsibility of the article author and NOT VT.
Previous articleVA and HUD Announce Twenty-Four Percent Reduction in Vets Homelessness since 2010
Next articlePresident Signs Veterans COLA Bill
Dr. Bramhall is a retired American child and adolescent psychiatrist, activist and political refugee in New Zealand. Her first book The Most Revolutionary Act: Memoir of an American Refugee describes the circumstances that led her to leave the US in 2002. She has also published two young adult novels about political activism: The Battle for Tomorrow: A Fable View All Books by Dr. Bramhall >>> She is involved in the national leadership of the New Zealand Green Party and has a political blog at