Juan Cole at Informed Comment offers some excellent advice for climate scientists under attack from corrupt corporate and media sources. Al Gore writes that ignoring climate change won’t make it go away nor will continuing to dump 90 million tons of pollutants into the atmosphere daily, in an OpEd from New York Times. A 110-year-old Chicago woman reflects on Jim Crow and the civil rights movement in the Chicago Sun Times. Those stories and more in today’s picks.
- Advice to Climate Scientists
- Chile quake ‘affects two million’
- We Can’t Wish Away Climate Change
- Could Going Green Save the Economy?
- The Axis of the Obsessed and Deranged
- Razing Arizona’s Solar Growth Potential
- 110-year-old remembers Jim Crow and civil rights
- Marines, Afghan Troops To Be Stationed In Marjah
- Obama gives Patriot Act another year with no privacy protections