I am a Citizen of CONSCIENCE for House of Representatives 2012 and if elected my first act of congress is to invite the USS LIBERTY survivors to speak on the congressional record about THAT day in infamy on 8 June 1967, when the LBJ Administration failed to support the troops in favor of covering for Israel’s attack on the American spy ship as it navigated in international waters.
My second act of congress is to call for a new and open investigation into the events of that day we call 9/11 raised by
And the still unanswered questions raised in 2004:
Respected Leaders and Families Launch 9/11 Truth Statement Demanding Deeper Investigation into the Events of 9/11
NEW YORK CITY, NY (Oct. 26, 2004) – An alliance of 100 prominent Americans and 40 family members of those killed on 9/11 today announced the release of the 911 Truth Statement, a call for immediate inquiry into evidence that suggests high-level government officials may have deliberately allowed the September 11th attacks to occur. The Statement supports an August 31st Zogby poll that found nearly 50% of New Yorkers believe the government had foreknowledge and “consciously failed to act,” with 66% wanting a new 9/11 investigation.
Focusing on twelve questions, the Statement highlights areas of incriminating evidence that were either inadequately explored or ignored by the Kean Commission, ranging from insider trading and hijacker funding to foreign government forewarnings and inactive defenses around the Pentagon. The Statement asks for four actions: an immediate investigation by New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer, Congressional hearings, media analysis, and the formation of a truly independent citizens-based inquiry.
The Statement’s list of signatories includes notables spanning the political spectrum, from Presidential candidates Ralph Nader, Michael Badnarik, and David Cobb to Catherine Austin Fitts, a member of the first Bush administration, as well as Washington veterans like Pentagon whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg and retired CIA analyst Ray McGovern. Other signers range from peace activists like Code Pink co-founder Jodie Evans and Global Exchange’s Kevin Danaher to former US Ambassador and Chief of Mission to Iraq, Edward L. Peck; from environmentalists like Randy Hayes and John Robbins to business leaders such as Paul Hawken and Karl Schwarz, CEO of Patmos Nanotechnologies; from populist journalist Ronnie Dugger to renowned investigative reporter Kelly Patricia O’Meara.
The Statement also includes 43 noted authors, including New York Times #1 bestseller John Gray, as well as 18 eminent professors, historians, and theologians. Other notables include five-term Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, singers Michelle Shocked and Michael Franti, and actors Ed Asner and Mimi Kennedy.
The Statement was facilitated by 911truth.org, a leading coalition. The organization has also announced a press conference outside of Eliot Spitzer’s Manhattan office (corner of Cedar and Nassau) at 2:00PM on Thursday, Oct. 28th where 9/11 family members and victim group representatives will file a formal complaint demanding the first criminal investigation of 9/11 events by the New York Attorney General.
The Statement: We Want Real Answers About 9/11
On August 31, 2004, Zogby International, the official North American political polling agency for Reuters, released a poll that found nearly half (49.3%) of New York City residents and 41% of those in New York state believe US leaders had foreknowledge of impending 9/11 attacks and “consciously failed” to act. Of the New York City residents, 66% called for a new probe of unanswered questions by Congress or the New York Attorney General.
In connection with this news, we have assembled 100 notable Americans and 40 family members of those who died to sign this 9/11 Statement, which calls for immediate public attention to unanswered questions that suggest that people within the current administration may indeed have deliberately allowed 9/11 to happen, perhaps as a pretext for war.
We want truthful answers to questions such as:
- Why were standard operating procedures for dealing with hijacked airliners not followed that day?
- Why were the extensive missile batteries and air defenses reportedly deployed around the Pentagon not activated during the attack?
- Why did the Secret Service allow Bush to complete his elementary school visit, apparently unconcerned about his safety or that of the schoolchildren?
- Why hasn’t a single person been fired, penalized, or reprimanded for the gross incompetence we witnessed that day?
- Why haven’t authorities in the U.S. and abroad published the results of multiple investigations into trading that strongly suggested foreknowledge of specific details of the 9/11 attacks, resulting in tens of millions of dollars of traceable gains?
- Why has Sibel Edmonds, a former FBI translator who claims to have knowledge of advance warnings, been publicly silenced with a gag order requested by Attorney General Ashcroft and granted by a Bush-appointed judge?
- How could Flight 77, which reportedly hit the Pentagon, have flown back towards Washington D.C. for 40 minutes without being detected by the FAA’s radar or the even superior radar possessed by the US military?
- How were the FBI and CIA able to release the names and photos of the alleged hijackers within hours, as well as to visit houses, restaurants, and flight schools they were known to frequent?
- What happened to the over 20 documented warnings given our government by 14 foreign intelligence agencies or heads of state?
- Why did the Bush administration cover up the fact that the head of the Pakistani intelligence agency was in Washington the week of 9/11 and reportedly had $100,000 wired to Mohamed Atta, considered the ringleader of the hijackers?
- Why did the 911 Commission fail to address most of the questions posed by the families of the victims, in addition to almost all of the questions posed here?
- Why was Philip Zelikow chosen to be the Executive Director of the ostensibly independent 911 Commission although he had co-authored a book with Condoleezza Rice?
Those who are demanding deeper inquiry now number in the hundreds of thousands, including a former member of the first Bush administration, a retired Air Force colonel, a European parliamentarian, families of the victims, highly respected authors, investigative journalists, peace and justice leaders, former Pentagon staff, and the National Green Party.
As Americans of conscience, we ask for four things:
- An immediate investigation by New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer
- Immediate investigation in Congressional Hearings.
- Media attention to scrutinize and investigate the evidence.
- The formation of a truly independent citizens-based inquiry.
Given the importance of the coming election, we feel it is imperative that these questions be addressed publicly, honestly, and rigorously so that Americans may exercise their democratic rights with full awareness.
In closing, we pray and hope for the strength to approach this subject with wisdom and compassion so that we may heal from the wounds inflicted on that terrible day.
Note: All organizations are mentioned for identification purposes only. Individuals have signed this statement as an act of their own conscience, not to signify organizational endorsement.
1. Virginia Deane Abernethy, Ph.D., anthropologist, author, Population Politics
2. Ed Asner, actor, activist
3. Marshall Auerback, international portfolio strategist for David W. Tice & Associates, Inc.
4. Catherine Austin Fitts, Asst. Secretary of Housing in the first Bush administration
5. Keidi Obi Awadu, aka The Conscious Rasta, talk show host, LIBRadio
6. Michael Badnarik, Libertarian candidate for President
7. Byron Belitsos, publisher, Origin Press, author Planetary Democracy
8. Philip J. Berg, Esquire, former deputy attorney general, Pennsylvania
9. Medea Benjamin, activist, author, co-founder, Global Exchange and Code Pink
10. Dennis Bernstein, investigative reporter, radio host of KPFA’s Flashpoints
11. Steve Bhaerman aka Swami Beyondananda, author, political comedian
12. Brad Blanton, Ph.D., psychotherapist, author, Radical Honesty
13. Saniel Bonder, spiritual teacher and author, Great Relief
14. Dr. Robert Bowman, USAF Lt. Col. (Rtd.), founder, Institute for Space and Security Studies
15. John Buchanan, author, candidate for the Republican Party Presidential nomination, 2004
16. Gray Brechin, Ph.D., author, environmental historian, professor, UC Berkeley
17. Fred Burks, presidential interpreter for Bush, Clinton, Cheney, and Gore
18. Norma Carr-Rufino, Ph.D., author, professor of management, San Francisco State University
19. Angana Chatterji, Ph.D., scholar-activist and professor of anthropology
20. Paul Cienfuegos, co-founder, Democracy Unlimited of Humboldt County
21. David Cobb, attorney, national presidential candidate, US Green Party
22. John Cobb, Ph.D., theologian, co-author, For the Common Good
23. Ernest Callenbach, founder/editor, Film Quarterly, author, Ecotopia
24. Kevin Danaher, Ph.D., author, speaker, co-founder, Global Exchange
25. Stephen Dinan, author, Radical Spirit
26. Ronnie Dugger, journalist/author, co-founder, Alliance for Democracy
27. Daniel Ellsberg, author, Secrets: A Memoir of Vietnam and the Pentagon Papers
28. Jodie Evans, co-founder, Code Pink
29. Richard Falk, Professor Emeritus of International Law, Princeton University
30. Michael Franti, musician, filmmaker, human rights worker
31. Janeane Garofalo, actress, comedienne, talk show host, Air America Radio
32. Jim Garrison, Ph.D., president, State of the World Forum, author, America as Empire
33. Bruce Gagnon, Chair, Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space
34. Ric Giardina, author, consultant, speaker, former Director of Trademarks and Brands for Intel
35. John Gray, Ph.D., #1 bestselling author, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus
36. Stan Goff, 25-year Army Special Ops veteran, author, Full Spectrum Disorder
37. Melvin Goodman, senior fellow, Center for International Policy, author, former Senior Analyst, CIA, professor, National War College
38. Morton Goulder, Deputy Secretary for Intelligence and Warning under Nixon, Ford, and Carter
39. David Ray Griffin, Ph.D., theologian, author, New Pearl Harbor
40. Doris “Granny D” Haddock, campaign finance crusader, NH Democratic candidate for Senate
41. Thom Hartmann, radio host; author, Unequal Protection
42. Richie Havens, singer, songwriter, performer, artist
43. Paul Hawken, bestselling author, environmentalist, entrepreneur, founder of Smith & Hawken
44. Randy Hayes, founder, Rainforest Action Network, US National Director, Direction Conservation
45. Richard Heinberg, author, The Party’s Over, core faculty, New College of California
46. Van Jones, executive director, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
47. Rob Kall, editor, OpEdNews.com, president, Futurehealth, Inc.
48. Georgia Kelly, executive director, Praxis Peace Institute
49. Sean Kelly, Ph.D., author, professor of philosophy and religion, CA Institute of Integral Studies
50. John Joseph Kennedy, Democratic Write-in Presidential Candidate for 2004
51. Mimi Kennedy, actress, Dharma and Greg, progressive activist
52. Faiz Khan, M.D., Triage Emergency Physician on 9/11, Assistant Imam
53. David Korten, author, When Corporations Rule the World
54. Frances Moore Lapp?, author, Diet for a Small Planet; founder, Small Planet Institute
55. Scott M. Legere, 25 year radio broadcaster as Scott Ledger, Tampa FL
56. Rabbi Michael Lerner, editor, TIKKUN Magazine, author, Healing Israel/Palestine
57. Michael Levine, bestselling author of Deep Cover, journalist, 25-year veteran of the DEA
58. Joanna Macy, Ph.D., eco-philosopher, author
59. Enver Masud, founder, The Wisdom Fund, author, The Truth About Islam
60. John McCarthy, former Special Forces Captain, president, Veterans Equal Rights Protection Advocacy
61. Ray McGovern, former CIA analyst, co-founder, Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity
62. Cynthia McKinney, five-term Congresswoman from Georgia
63. Ralph Metzner, Ph.D., author, professor, co-founder, Green Earth Foundation
64. Mark Crispin Miller, media critic, author, professor, New York University
65. Joseph W. Montaperto, New York City Fire Department
66. Leuren Moret, geoscientist, radiation specialist, environmental commissioner
67. Ralph Nader, Independent candidate for President
68. Craig Neal, author, co-founder, The Heartland Institute, former publisher, Utne Reader
69. Jeff Norman, executive director, Tour of Duty
70. Jenna Orkin, Esquire, World Trade Center Environmental Organization
71. Kelly Patricia O’Meara, investigative journalist, public relations
72. Michael Parenti, Ph.D., author, Superpatriotism and The Terrorism Trap
73. Edward L. Peck, former US Ambassador and Chief of Mission to Iraq, former Deputy Director to the White House Task Force on Terrorism
74. Peter Phillips, Ph.D., professor, Sonoma State University, director, Project Censored
75. Henri Poole, Internet pioneer, board member, Free Software Foundation
76. Robert Rabbin, author, speaker, creator of TruthForPresident.org
77. Paul H. Ray, Ph.D., sociologist, author, The Cultural Creatives
78. John Renesch, business futurist, author, Getting to the Better Future
79. John Rensenbrink, professor emeritus, Bowdoin College, co-founder, US Green Party
80. John Robbins, author, founder, EarthSave International
81. William Rodriguez, 9/11 rescue effort hero, founder, Hispanic Victims Group
82. Neal Rogin, Emmy-award winning writer, performer, social observer
83. Allen Roland, Ph.D., psychotherapist, published author and peace activist
84. Rosemary Radford Ruether, professor of feminist theology, Graduate Theological Union
85. Michael Ruppert, publisher/editor, From The Wilderness, author, Crossing the Rubicon
86. Chris Sanders, founder, Sanders Research Associates
87. Karl W. B. Schwarz, President, CEO, Patmos Nanotechnologies, LLC
88. Peter Dale Scott, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, author, Drugs, Oil, and War
89. Firefighter Kevin Shea, FDNY Hazmat Operations
90. Michelle Shocked, singer/songwriter, activist
91. Indira Singh, risk management and computer systems consultant
92. J. Michael Springmann, attorney, former Foreign Service Officer, US Department of State
93. Douglas Sturm, Ph.D., university professor emeritus, Bucknell University
94. Marjorie Hewit Suchocki, Ph.D., theologian, author
95. Chuck Turner, Boston City Council
96. James W. Walter Jr., venture investor, philanthropist, founder of Walden Three
97. Dan Whaley, E-commerce pioneer, founder of GetThere.com, acquired for $750M
98. Burns H. Weston, J.S.D., Professor of Law Emeritus, Director, Center for Human Rights, U-Iowa
99. Howard Zinn, professor, historian, author, A People’s History of the United States
1. Joanne Barbara, wife of FDNY Asst. Chief of Dept. Gerard Barbara
2. Gayle Barker, sister of William A. Karnes, WTC
3. Michele Bergsohn, wife of Alvin Bergsohn, Cantor Fitzgerald
4. Derrill Bodley, father of Deora Bodley, passenger on Flight 93
5. Kathryn C. Bowden, sister of Thomas H. Bowden, Jr. WTC1, 104th floor
6. Janet Calia, wife of Dominick Calia, Cantor Fitzgerald, WTC1
7. Maggie Cashman, wife of William Joseph Cashman, United Flight 93
8. Lynne Castrianno Galante, sister of Leonard Castrianno, 1WTC, 105th floor
9. Elza Chapa-McGowan, daughter of Rosemary Chapa, Pentagon
10. Bruce De Cell, father-in-law of Mark Petrocelli North Tower, 92nd floor
11. Ralph D’Esposito, father of Michael D’Esposito, WTC, 96th floor
12. Loisanne Diehl, Surviving Spouse, Michael D. Diehl, WTC2, 90th floor
13. Adina D. Eisenberg, sister of Eric Eisenberg, WTC
14. Jonathan M. Fisher, son of Dr. Gerald Paul “Geep” Fisher, Pentagon
15. Michael J. Fox, brother of Jeffrey L. Fox, Tower 2, 89th floor
16. Laurel A. Gay, sister of Peter A. Gay, AA Flight 11
17. Irene Golinsky, wife of Col. Ronald F. Golinski USA RET, Pentagon
18. Lori, Jerry, and Beatrice Guadagno, sister and parents of Richard Guadagno, Flight 93
19. Kristen Hall, daughter of fallen firefighter Thomas Kuveikis 9/11
20. Kurt D. Horning, father of Matthew D. Horning, WTC Tower One, 95th floor
21. Jennifer W. Hunt, wife of William C. Hunt, Euro Brokers
22. John Keating, son of Barbara Keating, passenger on AA Flight 11
23. L. Russell Keene II, father of Russ Keene III, WTC2, 89th floor, KBW
24. Peter Kousoulis, sister died in WTC
25. Paul & Barbara Kirwin, parents of Glenn Davis Kirwin, Cantor Fitzgerald 105th floor
26. Barbara Krukowski-Rastelli, mother of William E. Krukowski, NYC firefighter
27. Laura and Ira Lassman, parents of Nicholas C. Lassman, died in WTC, Tower One
28. Johnny Lee, husband of Lorraine Greene
29. Alicia LeGuillow, mother of Nestor A. Cintron III
30. Francine Levine, sister of Adam K. Ruhalter, who died on 9/11
31. Bob McIlvaine, father of Robert McIlvaine, WTC, Merrill Lynch
32. Mary McWilliams, mother of FF Martin E. McWilliams- Engine 22
33. Daryl J. Meehan, brother of Colleen Ann Barkow, WTC 1, 105th floor
34. Elvira P. Murphy, wife of Patrick Murphy, WTC 1
35. Natalee Pecorelli, sister of Thomas Pecorelli of Flight 11
36. James L Perry, M.D and Patricia J. Perry, parents of John W. Perry, Esq., NYPD Officer 9/11
37. David Potorti, brother of James Potorti, North Tower, WTC, Marsh & McLennan
38. Terry Kay Rockefeller, sister of Laura Rockefeller, North Tower, WTC
39. Grissel Rodriguez-Valentin, wife of Benito Valentin, WTC1, 94th floor
40. Alissa Rosenberg-Torres, widow of Luis Eduardo Torres, post-9/11 mother, writer
41. Elaine Saber, mother of Scott Saber
42. Julie Scarpitta, mother of Michelle Scarpitta, WTC Building 2, 84th floor
43. Paula Shapiro, mother of Eric Eisenberg, WTC2
44. Elizabeth Turner, wife of Simon Turner, lost on 11th September 2001
45. Adele Welty, mother of Firefighter Timothy Welty, FDNY, Squad 288
46. Joan W. Winton, mother of David Winton, WTC, South Tower, 89th floor
47. David Yancey, husband of Vicki Yancey, American Airlines Flight 77
48. Nissa Youngren, daughter of Robert G. LeBlanc, flight 175
Late Signatories (starting toward 200…)
1. Rita M. Haley, President, National Organization for Women, New York Chapter
2. Immortal Technique, Harlem-based hip-hop artist with Viper Records, Revolutionary I&II
3. Bob Kirkconnell, served in the U.S. Air Force 27 years, reaching the rank of Master Sergeant
4. Dennis Kyne, former Army air medic, 18th Airborne Corps during Gulf War I, musician, author, “Support the Truth”
5. Paul Landis, author, “Stop Bush Now!”
6. Eric H. May, former Army military intelligence officer and media essayist
7. Charles Shaw, Editor, Newtopia Magazine, National Peace Action Coordinator, National Green Party
8. Peter Erlinder, professor, William Mitchell College of Law, past-President National Lawyers Guild
9. Daniel Robert Rezac, 2004 Vice-Presidential Write-In Candidate, former Aviator & Armor Officer, Army National Guard, B.S.B.A.
10. Joel Horwitz, lost beloved cousin in WTC 1
11. Jessica Murrow, lost husband Stephen Adams, Beverage Manager, Windows on the World, WTC 1
12. Ellen Mariani, lost husband Neil on Flight 175
13. Jean Hunt, disabled survivor of Pentagon attack
14. Ralph & Brigitte Sabbag, lost son Jason in WTC 2