Home Authors Posts by Gwenyth Todd
Former US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel knew that the United States strategy to oust Syrian President Bashar Assad was a fool’s errand, former White...
Former White House National Security Council advisor Gwenyth Todd claims that Bashar Assad’s government provides the Syrian people with the best chance for achieving...
Gwenyth Todd - President Erdogan stands ready to change the constitution and establish a Turkey very different from anything we have seen in our lifetimes.
In the run-up to last week’s Turkish elections, most observers expected Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his AK Party to win a healthy two-thirds majority.
They ran thru the briars, ran thru the brambles, ran thru places where a rabbit couldn't go...ran so fast the hounds couldn't catch em'
- Jim W. Dean..."Gwenyth reminds us once again that only those who have subsidized Israel's existence can force it to make a just peace, or not."
- "Gwenyth Todd had a front row seat during the early Chalabi days as former Head, White House National Security Council, Mid East Desk and her subsequent positions."
- As soon as the invasion of Iraq went ahead without Turkish involvement, the West wrote off the Turkish military as a critical ally.
- "Mr. Erdogan’s government has been fomenting unrest in Syria for two years and indeed supported ISIS’s rebels until as lately as September 2013."
- While international attention has been diverted by Ukraine, the wealthy Sunni states have been building a Sunni army of extremists from around the globe.
- Replacing Assad with a Turkish-backed puppet regime on Israel’s border would be the ultimate triumph for Mr. Erdogan as a modern-day Muslim Caliph.
- Gwenyth Todd..."What does Mr. Erdogan hope to gain from the fall of the Assad regime that justifies the risk he is taking?"
- By revoking judiciary power Erdogan can act with total impunity and appears to be doing so...a threat to Turkish, Arab, European and US interests