Home Authors Posts by F. William Engdahl
F. William Engdahl
Russia and its President, Vladimir Putin, a little more than a year ago, in July 2014 were the focus of attention in Europe and...
F. William Engdahl - What is likely to emerge is a negotiated arrangement between Putin’s Russia and the Saudi-led OPEC oil producers of the Middle East, including Iran, to devise a new ordering of the world's energy supply, independent of Anglo-American domination.
The formally still-communist Peoples’ Republic of China has just experienced what we can call their “October 1929 Moment.”
F. William Engdahl -- They won the great war, our "good" war and now are FORGOTTEN
Jim W. Dean..."William Engdahl gives us a good review of the boomerang effects of America’s failed aggressive foreign policy. Instead of making us more secure, it has triggered waves of insecurity."
Jim W. Dean..."Ukraine could really be used for a knockoff comedy showcasing what happens when you put the three stooges, the US, EU, and NATO working together on a regime change."
- South Stream is dead -- It was the $45 billion project to deliver Russian natural gas via underwater pipeline through the Black Sea to Bulgaria & on to other Balkan & southern European markets.
- Orbán's cardinal sin is his defiance of Washington by signing an agreement with Gazprom for bringing the Russian South Stream gas pipeline into the EU via Hungary.
- Jim W. Dean..."And so this Princeton study gives us the “tough doo” news, but sadly limited to the political realm of oligarch power."
- Jim W. Dean..."William Engdhal revists his American shale oil Ponzi scheme theme that he has been writing about for some time now."
- Jim W. Dean..."William Engdahl details who is behind on the protests in Hong Kong. Surprise! Surprise! It's just another US color revolution ."
- Jim W. Dean..."The financial uncoupling of the East and West, which would probably have taken a generation, will now be over in five years."
- jim W. Dean..."There is an excellent RT interview with William at the end of this article. Don't miss it."
- Jim W. Dean..."We need to make America's state sponsored terrorism a fall campaign issue on the Dems and Repubs doing the AIPAC Zombie walk on Ukraine."
- The shale gas illusion was a geopolitical ploy by Washington to divert China’s energy pursuits from the Middle East & Africa and lead them down a dead end.
- Jim W. Dean..."Should vulture funds be treated as financial terrorists, and the judges that support them?"
- Jim W. Dean..."Never in an airline disaster have major countries so openly withheld evidence they had, while at the same time putting out doctored evidence."
- There’s only one thing wrong with the shale gas hype...“It ain’t gonna happen”. The jury is in, showing that production falls quickly after the first year.
- Western powers, have gotten away with using terrorist proxy troops in Syria and other places, and developed a "no fear" policy for their continued use.
- The control of the opposition was always in the hands of brutal, organized neo-nazi groups such as Pravy Sektor (Right Sector) and, behind them, the hard-core trained killers of UNA-UNSO
- A self-appointed Ukrainian government is reorganizing all institutions of power, dissolving the special riot police, and naming its cronies to key political posts.
- This subversion of the Ukraine has been many years in the making, and with some very slimy people involved.
- A network of Congressmen, retired military, CIA , military lobbyists and media, called the Cockroaches, meet privately to map out policy initiatives...but for whom?
In the heat of recent exchanges and deaths of protesters in Ukraine many have lost sight of the insidious role key players in Washington and certain EU countries are playing.
As the Russian Sochi Winter Olympics date approaches, a wave of suicide bombings in Volgograd (formerly Stalingrad, site of the decisive resistance to German invasion in 1942), have wreaked death and uncertainty in the region.
-In a famous speech to the US Congress in March 1991, just after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the US Gulf War victory over Saddam Hussein’s Iraq, a triumphant US President George H.W. Bush proclaimed the dawn of a “New World Order.”
In his recent annual meeting with the media, Russian President Vladimir Putin replied to a question about the rumored placement of Russian Iskander missiles in Kaliningrad next to Poland.
Little-noticed by the rest of the world amid the negotiations on Iran’s nuclear program and the collapse of the Free Syrian Army is the clear emergence of an entirely new global energy giant in the volatile Middle East.
Since August 1971 when US President Richard Nixon unilaterally tore up the Bretton Woods Treaty of 1944 and told the world that the Federal Reserve Gold Discount Window was permanently closed, Wall Street banks and US and City of London financial powers have done everything imaginable to prevent gold from again becoming the basis of trust in a currency.
In 2011 when Muhammar Qaddafi refused to leave quietly as ruler of Libya, the Obama Administration, hiding behind the skirts of the French, launched a ferocious bombing campaign and a “No Fly” zone over the country to aid the so-called fighters for democracy.
In a press conference Obama described the Russian President as having a “slouch…looking like that bored schoolboy in the back of the classroom.
One of the least commented aspects of ousting Egypt’s Morsi is the defiant act of the Saudi Royal House in backing the ouster of the Brotherhood and supporting the military restoration.
The swift action by Egypt’s military to arrest Mohamed Morsi and key leaders of his Muslim Brotherhood organization on July 3 marks a major setback for Washington’s “Arab Spring” strategy of using political Islam to spread chaos from China through Russia across the energy-rich Middle East. Morsi rejected the Defense Minister‘s demand that he quit to avert a bloodbath.
After two years of hesitating, US President Barack Obamaannounced he will deliver arms to the Syrian rebels, citing unverified “proof” that the troops of the Syrian Bashar Al-Assad government used Sarin gas against so-called opposition rebels.
On May 31 world media headlines read similar to this from Reuters: “Monsanto backing away from GMO crops in Europe.”
One of the many unexplained (at least not officially) anomalies of the persons claimed to have carried out the Boston Marathon bombings is the presence of key CIA figure in the direct family of the accused brothers.
The open press statement of denial by senior reportedly former CIA official Graham Fuller in April of a link between the Boston Bombings and the CIA, labeling the reports “absurd,” may go down in history as one of the worst intelligence blunders in the past century.
The project sounds mighty serious and impressive. A select organization with the name, International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), based in Washington DC, has announced to the World they possess leaked confidential data on offshore banking customers in 170 nations which they claim is “bigger than Wikileaks.”
At a time when much of the world is looking with a mix of envy and excitement at the recent boom in USA unconventional gas from shale rock, when countries from China to Poland to France to the UK are beginning to launch their own ventures into unconventional shale gas extraction, hoping it is the cure for their energy woes, the US shale boom is revealing itself to have been a gigantic hyped confidence bubble that is already beginning to deflate. Carpe diem!
Geopolitical analyst F. William Engdahl says Washington is secretly supporting Muslim Brotherhood to turn Egypt into an Islamic dictatorship.
12Page 1 of 2