Home Authors Posts by Michael Shrimpton
Shrimpton – Je Suis Charlie
The Charlie Hebdo & associated attacks were carried out by murderous Islamic terrorists... for once an official French version of events is actually fairly accurate.
Michael Shrimpton – Air Asia Revisited
Michael Shrimpton confronts aviation sabotage.
Shrimpton – Air Asia QZ8501
One of my biggest regrets of last year was my failure to reach out to the aviation community.
Glasgow, Sydney and Peshawar
We have to free ourselves of our obsession with ‘lone wolves’. Wolves hunt in packs. When was the last time you were attacked by a lone wolf?
The Senate’s Silly So-Called “Torture” Report
also find myself in sympathy with much of what Director Brennan said in the famous televised press conference from Langley, not something you see every day.
Shrimpton – The Vulcan Trial (2)
What the CPS are saying in effect is that if you call in a suspicious package on a Tube train you are committing the actus reus of a bomb hoax. That with respect is risible nonsense.
The Vulcan Trial
- Just a short column this week, as I have trial preparation to attend to. Regular readers of mine will know the background.
Harry Hun’s Ebola Program Runs Into Difficulties
- One of the more interesting scientists working in WWII for Dr. Josef Mengele on the German Ebola program was a Portuguese doctor, Jose Ferreira, whose daughter, Teresa, is married to Senator John Kerry.
A bad week for evil dictators
- It’s been a bad fortnight for the Bad Guys and a good one for the Good Guys.
The Last Survivor
Set in the 1950s & 60s, Casino Royale moves at a cracking pace, but there is plot & characterisation. The description of the fictional Royale-Les-Eaux casino is superb. Intelligence officers & specialists will get more from the books than the movies.
United Kingdom is Staying United
- It’s official. The German-backed Scottish Nationalists have been defeated & we in the UK are staying together.
The Scotland Vote
- The Scottish Nationalist Party speak of Scottish ‘independence’, but if they win they intend to apply to join the EU.
The Murder of Steven Sotloff
- Having seen the international reaction to the brutal murder of Jim Foley, ISIL have now gone on to murder Steven Sotloff, an Israeli-American.
Time for the UN to go?
- The civilised powers, including Israel, Russia, the UK and the US, should withdraw from the UN en masse.
The Murder of James Foley
- Poor James Foley will not be the last hostage to be murdered. The way I read it, NSA and the DIA boys did their stuff, and Delta Force attacked the location where Jim Foley and other high-value hostages were being held 24 hours before.
We Need to Get Back to Iraq
- We need to get boots back onto the ground in Iraq, and fast.
Sukhoi versus Boeing
- MH17 was never hit by a SAM. She was brought down by a SAM – there is a big difference.
MH17 Shootdown – The Investigation Continues
- Were the Su-25s trying to shoot down Flight MH17? Analysis of the shootdown still points towards a Chinese HQ-16 having been used, with a specially trained Chinese crew.
MH17 Shootdown Continues
- It is now clear that Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 was shot down over Eastern Ukraine, near Grabovo, by the Ukrainian Army, the intent being to blame pro-Russian separatists.
The MH17 Shoot Down over Ukraine
- "At this time my provisional conclusion is that MH17 was shot down by an air defense battery of the Ukrainian army, from Ukrainian territory."
The Pedophile Scandal – Burning the Evidence
- The use of pedophile networks to reward & ensnare politicians is a scandal that has now blown into the open and has led to the beginnings of a judicial inquiry.
The Juncker Debacle
- Those who argue that Britain should remain under the EU yoke are like the appeasers of the 1930s. They want Britain to remain under German domination.
The ISIS Crisis
The break-up of Iraq was entirely predictable. As I said at the time both Britain and America pulled out too early, without having sorted either Syria or Iran
The Truth Behind D-Day
- None of the leaders on parade last week was prepared to acknowledge the truth behind D-Day. As revealed in Spyhunter it was a carve-up.
- Hollande gave the impression that, had he been around in 1944, he would have been on the side of the Free French, not Vichy.
Nigel Farage, UKIP Nigel Farage, UKIP They’ve finally counted the votes in the corrupt London Borough of Tower Hamlets! For the benefit of non-UK readers, including my new readers in Sweden (hi!), politics in Tower Hamlets is dominated by Islamic extremists, a little bit like Teheran.
The Great Earthquake
- No, this is nothing to do with Scalar High Energy Weapons! I am referring of course to the political earthquake which has happened in Britain this week.
Obama’s Isolationism and Pee You on the EU
- Americans have a point when they say that the UK and European allies have been over-dependent on the US and unwilling to pull their weight.
The Nigerian Schoolgirl Kidnap
- Selling school kids off as sex slaves is a Bad Guy thing! Don’t think that clown Abubakar Shekau isn’t serious, indeed he may even have started selling them off.
The Sentinel Mission
- Movie Review - and ... Sentinel is an idea put together by a wonderful bunch of folks called the B612 Foundation.
Operation Vulcan Prosecution
- In other words the DVD did indeed smuggle a nuclear warhead stolen from the sunken Russian submarine Kursk into East London
The Sewol Disaster
- Intelligence analysis, at least in part, is about connecting dots. To do that you have to use your ‘Filbert.’
The Blackman Appeal
- Sergeant Alexander Blackman’s appeal against his outrageous conviction was heard this week by the Courts Martial Appeals Court.
The Great EU Debate and Movie Review
- UKIP are now set for a big win in the European elections on May 22nd, which could clear the way for Cameron’s forced resignation and a UKIP-Tory deal.
The Crisis in Crimea
- This website, and my column, is being monitored by the Bad Guys in Peking.
MH-370 Shoot Down – the Plot Thickens
- I am not just any old national security barrister, as Gordon knows, but a bad-ass national security barrister.
The Shootdown of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370
At 0130 hours local time last Saturday, March 8th (this is being written on the 15th) a Chinese SSK, believed to be a 636 Kilo class, shot down a Malaysian airliner, Boeing 777-2H6ER, 9M-MRO, Captain Zaharie Shah in command, off the coast of South Vietnam.
Obama’s daddy, Putin and the Ukraine – Here we go again
- It now seems clear that the Chinese spy Edward Snowden took Moscow a copy of the CIA’s DNA report on President Obama.
The West Attacks Ukraine
- Some of this is going to be out of date by the time you read it. Russia has decided on military intervention in the Ukrainian crisis,
Germany Threatens War
On his recent visit to meet with that nice chap William Hague in London the ‘Jerry’ Foreign Minister, Frank-Walter Steinmeier adopted the language and style of his, with respect, rather more intelligent and charming predecessor Joachim von Ribbentrop.